Today my topic is on #Dry Scalp #Dandruff.Most of the peoples are worrying about this I will try to give solutions.
A dry scalp can cause dandruff, but the two conditions are distinct.
Dandruff causes the scalp to flake and may cause visible flakes on clothing or in the hair. In some cases, it is due to a fungal or other scalp infection. Dry scalp, by contrast, occurs when the scalp does not produce or hold enough moisture.
Understanding the difference between dandruff and a dry scalp can help with choosing the right treatment.
A dry scalp occurs when the scalp does not have enough oil for the skin to feel lubricated.
Like other forms of dry skin, this can cause itching, flaking, and irritation. It can also cause the hair to look dry, since oil from the scalp helps condition the hair.
People with dry skin are more prone to dry scalp. This means that many of the things that cause dry skin can also cause a dry scalp including:
• dry air, particularly during the winter months
• excessive washing
• skin conditions, such as eczema
The scalp, like the rest of the skin, sheds dead skin cells. Dandruff occurs when this process speeds up. Dandruff flakes are actually dead skin cells.
The faster the scalp sheds dead skin, the worse dandruff becomes. Some factors can alter the rate at which the skin sheds.
Potential causes of dandruff include:
• fungal infections of the scalp
• oils secreted by the scalp
• sensitivity to substances, such as hair products
These three factors may work together to make some dandruff worse. For example, people with fungal scalp infections may develop worse dandruff if they have sensitive skin or a very oily scalp.
Most people have a fungus called Malassezia living on their scalp that does not cause any problems. However, in people with dandruff, this fungus causes irritation and flakes. This irritation may be due to the way the fungus interacts with other factors.
Here are a few homeopathic treatments for dandruff:
1. Thuja occidentalis: This medicine is used for white, textured dandruff with dry hair and flakes that keep falling everywhere. In this condition, itching is very common and usually bad for the patient as well.
2. Natrum muriaticum: Patients who take this usually have dandruff and an oily and sleek scalp. Dry eruptions occur, particularly on the edges of the scalp. Alopecia as well as tingling and blazing of hair follicles happens.
3. Kali sulphuricum: This remedy is usually effective in the later stages of dandruff where there is a lot of swelling and inflammation. The dandruff in this condition has yellow scales and gets worse under warm conditions and during the evening. However, it is better in the cool.
4. Graphites: People use this when they experience dryness of scalp, or a sticky and itchy sensation on the scalp, which gives a foul smell. Patients who are somewhat stout with a fair complexion and are prone to skin disease and constipation, tend to take this solution as well. It builds up the skin and encourages re-growth.
5. Phosphorus: Itching of the scalp, dandruff and hair fall in huge bundles are all cured by this medicine. Hair loss at certain areas in patches is also why phosphorus is taken. It is usually consumed by tall thin people with a reasonable skin, fragile eyelashes, blonde or red hair and an extremely delicate nature. Youngsters who grow too quickly usually get anemic, which causes a lot of dandruff.
6. Carboneum sulphuratum: Chronic skin diseases with much itching are cured by it. It is extremely useful for patients separated by abuse of liquor.
7. Sulphur: Dry scalp, excessive hair fall and dandruff due to continuous washing of hair are fixed by this solution. People with anxious personalities, fast motion, hot temper and sensitive skin are recommended this cure.