Concluded Case

White lessionn associated with dermatology

pt. complain of white creamy layer and burning sensation from last 3 months. .. previous dermatologist.... using antiviral and topical gels .. now days I m using corticosteroids.. topical gels mouthwash. my opinion .. oral lichen planus... what your opinion...

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Looks oral LP or Candiasis Other part LP
All Answers
D/d-oral lichenplanus, leukoplakia. Tab prednisone 50mg OD for 1 month, tab Lycomax, trioplast gel, habit and diet counselling. Re-evaluate after 3 months.
Valuable opinion
First of all history part is essential in this case, because we couldn't jump directly to the diagnosis of LP or pemphigus. Ask the patient about history of stress, age etc then on clinical examination, check for the Wickham's Striae w.r.t left & right buccal mucosa along with keratosis. If it's present bilaterally then it could be a case of Oral lichen planus but this would be a provisional diagnosis only. Confirmation would be done once you took biopsy from the target region. As I can see through the Picture which is of only Right side. I would like to mention only Differential Diagnosis for this:- 1.Erosive form of Oral Lichen Planus. 2.Chronic Ulcerative Stomatitis. 3.Desquammative Gingivitis. 4.Pemphigus Vulgaris.
Appreciated!

View 1 other reply

Vesicobullous lesion along with desquamative gingivitis. Wait for the biopsy report. Also ask the patient for any systemic condition. Desquamative gingivitis is a very common finding in hiv patients.
Basic problem lockdown... So it's difficult for biopsy ... But your opinion is very good for me thanks boss
Looks oral LP or Candiasis Other part LP
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Pemphigus Vulgaris!
Valuable opinion
Oral Lichen planus
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

OLP
Thank you doctor
Pemphigus vulgaris .. It is a rare, severe autoimmune disease in which blisters of varying sizes break out on the skin and on the lining of the mouth and other mucous membranes. Pemphigus vulgaris occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks proteins in the upper layers of the skin. The antibodies break down the bonds between the cells, and fluid collects between the layers of the skin. This leads to blisters and erosions on the skin.
Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

Cases that would interest you