METFORMIN AS FIRST LINE OF CHOICE IN T2DM WITH LOW CARDIOVASCULAR RISK

Dear my friends and fellow Colleagues, Here is an update on Metformin. Metformin as first-line treatment in patients at low cardiovascular risk justified Tsapas A et al. Comparative Effectiveness of Glucose-Lowering Drugs for Type 2 Diabetes-A Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. 29th June,2020. Regards and thanks, Dr Sepuri Krishna Mohan.

13 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Wonderful update as usual Dr Mohan. In case of either Established ASCVD or at risk of ASCVD, the first drugs of Choice would be SGLT2 Inhibitors OR GLP1 Analogues, OR Both with or without Metformin as per the latest ADA/EASD Recommendations 2020, ESC 2020 Recommendations. Thanks again for your valuable post
Valuable input as per EBM Dr Devi
Nice updation I add few regarding metformin these are Metformin decreases hepatic glucose production, decreases intestinal absorption of glucose, and improves insulin sensitivity by increasing peripheral glucose uptake and utilization.
Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

I always prescribe metformin to my recently diagnosed T2 DM and good result with diet restrictions and exercise or change of life style.
Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

Since the past few years, metformin is my favorite drug. Wonder drug.
Thank you doctor
USEFUL INFORMATIVE UPDATE... THANKS. SIR
Thank you doctor
Wonderful updated sir
Thank you doctor
Nice updates.
Thank you doctor
Absolute
Thank you doctor