How to deal with 3rd molar pain in this crucial situation

Myself Dr. Vidya Narayan, having severe tooth pain since yesterday because of the 3rd molar eruption. In this crucial time OPG is not being done anywhere. As prophylaxis I have started taking Tab. Augmentin 625 mg and Hifenac P twice daily. But today is just the completion of 1st dose of antibiotics. Pain still persists in the left mandibular region, left maxillary sinus and mild degree ear pain. Please let me know if I should be changing the analgesic.

LikeAnswersShare
Cap augmentin 625mg TID, tab metrogyl 400mg Tid, tab enzoflam Tid for 5 days. Dynapar inj if pain increases .
Shall I start with metrogyl from today itself. 1st dose of augmentin 625 mg is over

View 3 other replies

Just get dresin mouthwash 5ml 5 times daily for 5 days swish and spit after 2min, tab chymotrypsin bdpc for 5 days, tab ketorol DT tdpc for 3days in Luke warm water gargle and swallow along with some antacid of Ur choice do report back, I will wait for your feedback.
Thank you so much for the response Sir. I have already started with augmemtin 625 and hifenac p. So now can use only mouth wash and take hifenac p thrice daily

View 1 other reply

I think Hifenac P will suffice as third molar eruption will take its time and pain will subside
Thank you Sir
Was there difficulty in mouth opening or not, the gums near the tooth were swollen or not.
No Sir I don't have problem to open my mouth. But there is pain inspite of taking hifenac p twice daily. I feel I need a stronger anlgesic

View 3 other replies