Best cardio protective combination ACEI+THIAZIDE or ARB+ THAIZIDE in all aspects pro and cons..?

LikeAnswersShare
Both are safe and good ,but ACEI always be first line thearpy if it not tolerate then start ARB Some study shows ,ACE inhibitors were deemed more effective in decreasing the incidence of myocardial infarction, cardiovascular death, and all-cause mortality in patients with hypertension, diabetes, and increased cardiovascular risk, and all-cause mortality in patients with HFrEF..... This presumed superiority of ACE inhibitors over ARBs was thought to be a result of a greater vasodilatory effect caused by inhibiting the degradation of bradykinin and leading to increased levels of nitric oxide and vasoactive prostaglandins. Another proposed explanation was that because ARBs block angiotensin II AT1 receptors but not AT2 receptors, the increased stimulation of markedly upregulated AT2 receptors in atheromatous plaques in response to elevated serum levels of angiotensin II was deleterious. Therefore, ACE inhibitors have been recommended as first-line therapy by most guidelines, whereas ARBs are recommended as second-line therapy, when patients are unable to tolerate ACE inhibitors....
Valuable opinion
Both are safest and good ARB+CHLORTHALIDONE is priority
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Both are safe
Thank you doctor
I prefer amlodipine I have not used either of the drug a c e I te best to prevent diabetic nephropathy .
Thank you doctor
Both are at par .(Equipotent) Incidence of angioneurotic oedema lesser with A R B .
Tolerability of 2nd combination is higher.
Thank you doctor
Obviously both are good and safe
Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you