Concluded Case

Growth on Tongue

A 63 years old male with history of smoking presents with this lesion on under surface of tongue- 1 month duration. No pain associated with it Diagnosis and treatment

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Dear @Dr. Parveen Yograj For diagnosis a punch biopsy/incision biopsy For staging a USG neck and MRI tongue with contrast is recommended If feasible an Indirect laryngoscopy would be helpful Treatment will be as per the staging although it looks like we will be able to go for upfront surgery and rest as per pathological stage
All Answers
Malignancy ulcer ( SCC) NEEDS FURTHER INVESTIGATION AND EVALUATION TO CONCLUDE AND LINE WITH TREATMENT.
I agree

View 3 other replies

SUGGESTIVE OF MALIGNANCY NEEDS BIOPSY... POSSIBLY S. C. C
Sq.cell ca Biopsy
Suspected malignancy, excision biopsy to be done
I agree
Most likely to be a scc.to confirm by biopsy.
I agree
Dear @Dr. Parveen Yograj For diagnosis a punch biopsy/incision biopsy For staging a USG neck and MRI tongue with contrast is recommended If feasible an Indirect laryngoscopy would be helpful Treatment will be as per the staging although it looks like we will be able to go for upfront surgery and rest as per pathological stage
Thanks for the opinion- Sir
As per the given history it's a chronic lesion on the lateral border of the tongue seems to be of carcinogenic origin . Investigation i.e biopsy should be carried out to rule out the exact nature of it.Also,it's extend will determine the type of biopsy.Based on the results treatment will be carried out. Thanking you!
IT'S A..CASE OF SWELLING ON TONGUE.. ? SCC .. NEED'S.. BIOPSY.. CTCE STUDY..
Tnx Dr Saloni Arora

View 1 other reply

Lateral lingual growth appears to be tumours likely SCC adv biopsy
May be a case of SCC, but to be confirmed by HP study / biopsy.
I agree
Load more answers