H/o RTA C1, C2 compression injury. Managed conservatively. Sustained intracranial injury also. No other external injuries. Given are the images of the patients' extraocular movements. Anybody would like to comment on pt's eye signs relating to the intracranial injury. . (Images are - pt looking straight. Both eye towards left and both eye to right). Thank you.

LikeAnswersShare

Bilateral abducence nerve palsy. Rx : Rx of head injury to be done by neurologist . As for nerve palsies , systemic steroid Rx for 3 to 4 weeks with vit- B complex for 1 & half months. To wait for 6 months for palsies to recover . Cover one of eyes to prevent diplopia .

Lesion localisation in pons,, let me know if I m correct There is esoteopia Bilateral lateral duction is impaired,, right more than left Right medial duction is impaired

Correct Dr. sailesh . A case of b/l abducents palsy. B/L lateral duction is impaired. As u said right more than left. Right medial duction is impaired bcoz , most of the cases wen thers lateral rectus palsy it tend to move medially more. That's a compensatory action it seems. I need to read about that more. May be u can enlighten me if u know. Thank you

View 2 other replies

RTA R EYE ESOTROPIA 6TH NERVE PALSY TRAUMATIC FOLLOWING R T A

Bilateral abducens palsy Lesion likely in pons

appears like bilat 6 nerve palsy.. do a MRI.. manage conservatively for 3 months if MRI is normal.. For diplopia can advise patching of more deviated eye

b/l 6cn palsy... unequivocal though. MRI shall decide nuclear or infranuclear etiology. rule out raised ict.

prism to avoid diplopia initially, sx later.

Dr. Jaideep Chandra sir

Lateral Rectus Palsy of left eye.

@@@

Left lateral rectus palsy.. Lesion in pons... Look for over shooting of saccades too

Diseases Related to Discussion