HCQS - Prophylactic role ?

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

No evidence Presumably advised

Thanx dr Sandeep Ghodekar

View 4 other replies

No, No scientific data's are there to support but as did US president , health care provider are taking HCQ as prophylaxis dose. We are playing hit and run game without any positive feedback.

Thanks Dr Sandeep Ghodekar

View 3 other replies

No any scientific evidence published sir

I really thank all esteemed doctors for their view on the use of HCQS as prophylaxis for health care workers. I am glad that nearly all agree that there is no scientific data to support the use of HCQS. I am really surprised- how ICMR has issued guidelines for HCQS. Believe me , my doctor friends in USA - make mockery of the ICMR guidelines. Since -,President Donald Trump- used it - does not make a case for HCQS. I personally feel- our COVID warriors should not ne given HCQS because of side effects and no proven benefit . Side effects are 1.Gastritis and decreased appetite 2.QT prolongation 3.Drug interaction with other drugs like Azithromycin, amiodarone 4.Decreased GFR in renal diseases can increase toxicity . In fact our health care workers should be given 1.Vitamin C 2Vitamin E 3.Zinc supplements 4 Vitamin - D

sir u missed retinopathy

View 1 other reply

In the initial days of may I had sore throat, my husband being a doctor himself was adamant that I take HCQ which I did. The side effects were too much. Gastritis and gastric upset way to such an extent that my sore throat was left aside. Anyway, there isn't any proven evidence. It's like hitting a dart in darkness. Just because a super power was after the leading producer for its procurement, it doesn't explain it's role.

sir there are many unanswered questions . regarding this pandemic . one thing is sure medical science hasnt advanced that much as we used to think . today its covid 19 . next year it will another virus . though many studies suggest it . these days they are focusing on ivermectin . now only antidepressant n antipsychotics are left to b tried for treatment n prophylaxis. n i think they are needed the most in this scenario .

A study paper published online by ICMR's Indian Journal of Scientific Research, concluded that ,along with PPE use , prophylactic use of HCQS is effective in protecting health care workers from COVID infection .

Thank you doctor

Not in prophylaxis nor in treatment, yet scientifically data and evidence based proved.... FDA has banned it's use. Even in the books of medicine it is clearly contraindicated to elderly and heart patients.

HEALTH SERVICES RELATED PERSONALS .. ARE TREATED WITH.. HCQS.. STILL ARE WORKING .. NORMALLY.. AS PER.. ICMR & WHO..GUIDELINES.. NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE AVAILABLE..

Tnx Dr Shivraj Agarwal sir

View 1 other reply

No trials have been published investigating the efficacy of HCQ as primary prophylaxis of SARS-CoV-2 infection in health care workers

I agree
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you