Concluded Case

herpes zoster opthamilcus

burning sensation blister on left side of cheek and lower eyelid @for 2 day no fever ,look like herpes zoster opthamilcus ? your DX and tt ?

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Certainly it is herpes zoster opthalmicus Rx tab acyclovir 800mg 5times a day for 7days Locally acyclovir oint 5times a day also instil in lt eye Orally tab azithromycin500mg 1od Tab Levocetrizine5mg 1bd NSAIDs Tab gabapentin 100mg+tab nortryptiline 10mg 1od at bedtime Review after15days

All Answers

Certainly it is herpes zoster opthalmicus Rx tab acyclovir 800mg 5times a day for 7days Locally acyclovir oint 5times a day also instil in lt eye Orally tab azithromycin500mg 1od Tab Levocetrizine5mg 1bd NSAIDs Tab gabapentin 100mg+tab nortryptiline 10mg 1od at bedtime Review after15days

Thank you doctor

View 4 other replies

Yes, It is HZ.Opthalmicus. Herpes zoster ophthalmicus (HZO), also known as ophthalmic zoster, is shingles involving the eye. Symptoms generally include a rash of the forehead with swelling of the eyelid. There may also be eye pain, eye redness, and light sensitivity. Before the rash appears tingling may occur in the forehead along with a fever. Herpes zoster is a common diagnosis in the emergency department (ED). Caused by the reactivation of the varicellazoster virus (VZV), zoster usually presents as a painful dermatomal rash. In addition to skin or mucosal involvement, VZV reactivation commonly affects the ophthalmic division of the trigeminal nerve and subsequently the eye.

Herpes zooster,tab acyclovir 400 mg 5 times a day for 21 days

I agree

HERPES zoster treatment Tab Acuvir 800 one Tab 5 time, Tab Algesia sp one bd, Ointment Acuvir apply locally twice daily

I agree

IT'S A..CASE OF.. ? OROFACIAL HERPES ZOSTER..

Tnx Dr Shivraj Agarwal sir

Herpes Zoster Opthalmicus Blisters on the nose are diagnostic

Thank you, Doctor

Herpes zoster Tab acyclovir 800mg TDS Cream acyclovir Oint apply 4to5 Time Tab azee 250mg od Tab levocetirizine bd Tab diclomol bd Tab pregame NT od bed time 10 day continues

herpes zoster opthalmicus. Treat with acyclovir , atropine drops, antibiotics drops

I agree

SUGGESTIVE OF HERPES ZOSTER OPHTHALIMICUS

I agree

Antiviral Along With NSAIDS

Load more answers