Concluded Case

how long IGT should be in observation

aged pt 60yrs of age if presents asymptomatic with bsl f 120mg and pp 160mg considering him as a c/o IGT would you like to treat him as diabetc with OHA or will followup in observation if put on OHA what will be choice and why

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

In my opinion a c/o IGT needs to convince Change in dietary time and food items Lifestyle should be active and sedentary activities should be stopped Daily exercises cum yoga asana are much helpful Stress should be free with positive attitude Keep regular apointment with your physician Regular monitoring As IGT are potentially at more threat as they are asymptomatic hence can get converted in diabetic or hypertensive or cardiac/renal complications Thus monitoring and followup ie VIGILANT

All Answers

No OHA should be advised. Adv: Brisk morning walk 30 minutes/day ( minimum 5 days in a week). Diet control. Regular FBG PPBG Hba1c check up 6 monthly if asymptomatic. FBG PPBG check 3 monthly if symptomatic.

I agree

In my opinion a c/o IGT needs to convince Change in dietary time and food items Lifestyle should be active and sedentary activities should be stopped Daily exercises cum yoga asana are much helpful Stress should be free with positive attitude Keep regular apointment with your physician Regular monitoring As IGT are potentially at more threat as they are asymptomatic hence can get converted in diabetic or hypertensive or cardiac/renal complications Thus monitoring and followup ie VIGILANT

Thanx dr Pushkar ji Bhomia

HbA1c need to be done. If it is > 7 patient should be considered for Metfilormin . If it is 6.5 or less, observation, diet and exercise should be suggested . Associated comorbidities like CKD , CAD ,heart failure should also be taken into consideration. Obesity should be corrected .

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

FBS PPBS HabA1c should b done Based on the report if the HbA1c is >6 Resricted diet and walk should b adviced and if it’s >7 den suitable drug can b given Monthly once follow up should b done B/Urea and S/creatinine should also b done along with above mentioned investigations

Thank you doctor

Follow up in observation

Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you