How to initiate & titrate Paroxetine for patient presenting with complaints of Premature Ejaculation

LikeAnswersShare

Yes doses of paroxetine is 20mg 3to4 hrs befoe the ACT daily for 1month in cases of PE and may be tried for 3months with tappering doses on alternately or weekly Good you have combine it with Argiprime which is to be given 1 schette bd for 3months Simultaneously psychological counseling Also try to r/o any pathological cause

Thanx dr Pranab Bera

View 6 other replies

I am of the opinion that as Paroxetine is a potent and selective inhibitor of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT, serotonin) uptake ...It's advisable to access S.Serotonin level ( 03.PM) ...Coz this drug has drug interaction with more than 2 dozen drugs...!!! At 20 mg dose it's O.K,but on exceeded dose pt's PSCHYOCOPHYSIOLOGICAL behaviors need to be supervised. Counselling must be first step before jumping to medicational assistance. Glycemic index must be assessed .

Paroxetine hydrochloride appears to be a useful agent in the pharmacological treatment of premature ejaculation when administered on a chronic, an 'on-demand' basis following chronic treatment or initial 'on demand' basis.

AS.. IT IS A USEFUL MOLECULE IN.. PE..CASES.. INITIALLY.. 20MG..USUALLY..MORNING .. ADJUST THE..DOSE AS..PER REQUIREMENT..

Tnx Dr Vipin Bihari Jain sir

View 1 other reply

15 mg for 12 weeks, Psychological counselling,

Thanx@Dr. Dinesh Gupta Sir Ji

I have started him on Paroxetine CR 25 OD along with Argiprime Sachet and awaiting his reports

20mg od in morning Increased mg weekly Maximum up to50 mg

I am agree with@Dr. Shivraj Agarwal Sir.

Thanx sir ji

paroxetine 20 mg once daily for 4 week intially , if pt symptom improved then 20 mg 3 to 4 hr before intercourse on depand basis.

Diseases Related to Discussion

Premature Ejaculation

Cases that would interest you