How to treat a case of Paronychia in young female 28 years old? Is it recurrent too? Please guide me

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

* PARONYCHIA .. MANAGEMENT .. * T/T .. OF CAUSE .. * BS..ANTIBIOTICS WITH NSAIDS AS PER REQUIREMENT .. * ANTIFUNGAL MEDICATIONS .. IF .. FUNGAL INFECTION IS A CAUSE.. * OINTMENT .. SUPIROCIN .. * AVOID .. FINGER .. EXPOSURE TO .. REPETITIVE TRAUMA .. ALLERGENS .. IRRITANTS .. MOISTURE ..

Tnx Dr Dinesh Gupta

70 % of psoriasis cases are mild. They can be easily managed by judicious use of local steroid and with other local therapy. Simple instructions like Taking bath with luke warm water Pat while drying body Avoiding physical trauma ect. will help. The course of Psoriasis is chronic and unpredictable. Thank for reading my view.

Thank you doctor

Paronychia.. Avoid water and Irritants. Soak 3 to 4 times for 20 minutes . Keep the area clean and covered with sterile gauge. If pus is there remove it and dressing with betadine lotion. BS antibiotics orally. Analgesic antiinflammatory orally. Antifungal orally if fungal Infection. Multivitamin and antioxidant orally.

Thanks Dr Dinesh Gupta

View 1 other reply

Paronychia... Management.. Treatment options for acute paronychia include warm compresses; topical antibiotics, with or without corticosteroids; oral antibiotics; or surgical incision and drainage for more severe cases. Chronic paronychia is a multifactorial inflammatory reaction of the proximal nail fold to irritants and allergens....

Thanks doctor

SUGGESTIVE. OF PARONYCHIA USUALLY SECONDARY. TO BACTERIAL / FUNGAL. INFCTION. MOSTLY. RECURRING. AFTER RECURRENT FUNGAL. INFECTION

Soak infected nails in warm water frequently. Antibiotics sos antifungal therapy. If required I and D if pus collection.

Paronychia Adv Incision and drainage Oral antibiotic Check for diabetes and B 12 deficiency to avoid recurrence

Avoid water 2 month Use gloves Oint betadine clotrimazole bd Aug 625 bd Fluka 150 once a week

Psoriasis vulgaris

The nail has to be removed ingrowing portion

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion