Concluded Case

How to vaccinate .

HOW TO VACCINATE A PERSON WITH COVID VACCINE IF HE IS RENAL RECIPIENT ON IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE DRUGD EG CYCLOSPORINE ETC 1 Doed stop immunosuppressive with risk of renal rejection 2If not does vaccines at all develop immunity against covid

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

I tried to get answer from Nephrologist and endocrinologist but nobody answer.I donot know the accurate answer.As my opinion it is too risky to reduce the dose of immunosuppressants as if kidney reject set in ,it can't be reversed perhaps.So such pt to receive vaccination as such, whatever immunity he may develop if any.

All Answers

I tried to get answer from Nephrologist and endocrinologist but nobody answer.I donot know the accurate answer.As my opinion it is too risky to reduce the dose of immunosuppressants as if kidney reject set in ,it can't be reversed perhaps.So such pt to receive vaccination as such, whatever immunity he may develop if any.

I got the answer from DD durdarshan today from one lady nephrologist of MAX N Delhi :No single dose of immunosuppressive to be missed,person of kidney recipient take vaccine as other person but if antibody against covid if not sufficient then he shall have to take 3rd or extra doses of vaccine.

In my opinion he should vaccinted first of all reducing his immunosuppressive medicine

Thank you doctor

Yes vaccinate

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion