Today my topic is on #Hypotension#Low BP # Low blood pressure.Most of the peoples are worrying about this I will try to give solutions.
Low blood pressure (hypotension) definition and facts
• Low blood pressure, also called hypotension, is blood pressure low enough that the flow of blood to the organs of the body is inadequate and symptoms and/or signs of low blood flow develop.
• Low pressure alone, without symptoms or signs, usually is not unhealthy.
• The symptoms of low blood pressure include lightheadedness, dizziness, and fainting. These symptoms are most prominent when individuals go from the lying or sitting position to the standing position (orthostatic hypotension).
• Low blood pressure that causes an inadequate flow of blood to the body's organs can cause strokes, heart attacks, and kidney failure. The most severe form is shock.
• Common causes of low blood pressure include a reduced volume of blood, heart disease, and medications.
• The cause of low blood pressure can be determined with blood tests, radiologic studies, and cardiac testing to look for heart failure and arrhythmias.
• Treatment of low blood pressure is determined by the cause of the low pressure.
What do blood pressure numbers mean (chart with ranges)
Blood pressure is the force exerted by circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels. It constitutes one of the critically important signs of life or vital signs, which include heart rate, breathing, and temperature. Blood pressure is generated by the heart pumping blood into the arteries modified by the response of the arteries to the flow of blood.
An individual's blood pressure is expressed as systolic/diastolic blood pressure, for example, 120/80.
• The systolic blood pressure (the top number) represents the pressure in the arteries as the muscle of the heart contracts and pumps blood into them.
• The diastolic blood pressure (the bottom number) represents the pressure in the arteries as the muscle of the heart relaxes following its contraction.
Blood pressure always is higher when the heart is pumping (squeezing) than when it is relaxing.
The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Current guidelines define normal blood pressure range as lower than 120/80. Blood pressures over 130/80 are considered high. High blood pressure increases the risk of damaging the arteries, which leads to the development of:
The most effective medicines for low blood pressure are Gelsemium, China, Naja and Viscum Album. Gelsemium is opted when vertigo, dizziness and lightheadedness is marked on account of low blood pressure. China is highly beneficial for low blood pressure from dehydration after diarrhea and from blood loss. And last two medicines Naja and Viscum Album are an excellent choice when valvular heart lesions lead to low blood pressure.