Concluded Case

I feel it crawling under my skin

A 28 year old female was brought to OPD by family members - who had eyes full of tears , sobbing she expressed fear about a strange bug that has been crawling under her skin and there were visible bruises all over her hand and face. She was fearful that she might be drugged by a person at her workplace as the itching started a few hours later. She also expressed very high energy levels , excess joviality and enjoying music throughout that day. The itching grew worse over time and later she felt that there is a bug crawling beneath her skin. The sensation was very painful. She was immediately started with treatment. Opine on the symptoms , phenomenology and drug that might be given to her at workplace. Is it Paranoia she developed accusing a person at her work? Can a drug cause these symptoms. If yes what are these symptoms called.

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

The above symptoms described is cocainebugs associated with cocaine abuse , a kind of delusional parasitosis

All Answers

Psychosis..? Cacaine induced psychosis..? Management... Treatment. In most substance-induced psychoses, stopping the substance and giving an anxiolytic (eg, a benzodiazepine) or antipsychotic drug is effective. For psychosis due to dopamine-stimulating drugs such as amphetamine, an antipsychotic drug is most effective... Antipsychotic medicines are usually recommended as the first treatment for psychosis. They work by blocking the effect of dopamine, a chemical that transmits messages in the brain...

Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

? PSYCHOSIS.. ? COCAINE INDUCED PSYCHOSIS..

I agree

View 2 other replies

Psychitry psychosis sceizopheria

Thank you doctor

Psychiatric disorder? Delusions & Illusions ++ Loss of confidence,anxiety & fear +

I agree

Marijuana Heroine Cocaine

Thank you doctor

View 4 other replies

Insect crawling sensations are seen with cocaine addicts... she has fear and also few hrs later excess joviality... ??? Maniac disorder

Thank you doctor

Drug abuse. Cocaine indused psychosis . Need . Psychiatrist opinion

THIS IS TYPE OF DRUG IS ILLEGAL STIMULANT AND SOMETIMES USED IN MEDICINALLY AS A LOCAL ANESTHESIA .. COCAINE IS SEDATIVE DRUG ALSO KNOWN AS COCA.

Thank you doctor

? Delusional parasitosis I gues

Magnan syndrome

View 1 other reply

Psychosis..

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cocaine Abuse