I'm 35 Yrs old and these reports are of mine. I'm apparently healthy except grade I truncal obesity. I have Isolated Diastolic Hypertension diagnosed 7 days ago on routine measurement of BP at 10 O'clock at night which have been confirmed checking it up for consecutive 3 days at 8 AM and 10 PM. SBP is varying between 122 and 130 but diastolic is between 90 and 100. I am non alcoholic, don't intake tobacco in any form. Don't like to take sweet food items. Don't take egg yolk. Mutton, Tandoori, Biryani, Fried and Grilled items are my favourites but neither eat frequently nor in excess. My daily food items content much of carbohydrates. Don't use much oil and salts in curries. My mother had hypothyroidism, type 2 DM, hypertension and died in AMI at the age of 60. My two maternal uncles also died of heart diseases at the age of 60 and 68 one of them was diabetic. One of my maternal aunt also had heart disease (probably MI). My Grandmother died of osteosarcoma. Waiting for your advices and suggestions.

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

BMI >25 means obese (Indian std.) Hypothyroidism Isolated Diastolic HTN Mixed Dyslipidemia Increased liver enzymes (OT & PT) Avoid extra salt intake & oily spicy foods. Start Lethyrox 50mcg OD morning empty stomach. UDCA 300mg BID for a month. Start on DASH diet & exercise to lose truncal obesity (apple). Don't start statin at the moment. After 1mth repeat LFT. If liver enzymes normal, can start Statin then. Even no need to start antihypertensive now. Try some yoga & meditation to bring down your stress. @Dr. Golam Mortuza attn.

Very helpful suggestion sir. But I'm confused that various doctors collegues are giving various opinions regarding the levothyroxine..... some of them are against the 'start' of levothyroxine at this TSH. Can't decide what should I do.

View 3 other replies

Isolated. Diastolic. HYPERTENSION.... 1...... Primarily. seen. In. Young. Adults... 2 ......... Primarily. seen. in. Truncal. Obesity... 3 ........ Primarily. seen. in. Obstructive. Sleep. Apnea.. 4.....Secondarily. seen. in. Hypothyroidism.... MANAGEMENT......... 1. Natural. Eatables.......Increase. use. of.......... Garlic.... Lemon. ...Honey..... Coconut Water.....Onion. Juice........Papaya... 2. Less. Red. Meat 3. Increase. Omega. 3. Fatty. Acid 4. THYROID. Functions. Tests.. ....to. rule. out. Hypothyroidism.... 5. Medications... .... Diuretics ......ACE. Inhibitors.....Beta blockers. ..... Calcium. Channel. Blockers..... Angiotensin. II. Receptors. Blockers.... ..Renin. Inhibitors COMPLICATIONS....of. Isolated. Diastolic. HT ......... Abdominal. Aortic. Aneurysm..... ..

Thank you doctor

I agree with Dr. Sandip Debashis Mishra sir. Please start levothyroxine. Don't worry too much about your family history, I have also similar story. Anxiety will not help us. You will be fine.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

ECG Normal sinus rhythm. Hypothyroidism, LFT de arranged . No need to worry about the same. U are in anxiety about ur family history. Be calm , regular exercise, low salt diet,planty of green vegetables, salads, fiber rich diet. Correct hypothyroidism by starting thyroxin, betablocker,tab liv52DS one BD. Totally avoid nonveg. Keep busy to your self. Take good sleep which is utmost .Everything will be allright. Whishes for ur healthy and tension free life.k

I agree with Dr. Sandeep Debashis Mishra. Nothing to worry sir, you are an expert, everything will be better.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

ECG is normal. Hypothyroidism. Recheck T3 T4 TSH CXR F/H of cardiac disease needs ECHO and cardiologist guidance. On medications?

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

LVH, u r master ,can counter it

Sir, ECG apparently normal.

Your report is suggestive of metabolic disorder. Hypothyroidism and dyslipidemia are seen as its result. You need dietary and life style modification more than medicines. Levothyroxine is needed because TSH is high to a level which may not be corrected by other modification. Take more antioxidant in your diet.

Thank you doctor

Ecg absolutely normal. The beta blocker would be best choice along with aspirin. Avoid or restrict non vegetarian and grilled food. Morning walk.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

U hv Metabolic Syndrome Need to control it

Load more answers