identify this extremely rare autosomal recessive hereditary skin disorder.

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Epidermodysplasia verruciformis (EV), also known as treeman syndrome, is an extremely rare autosomal recessive hereditary skin disorder associated with a high risk of skin cancer. It is characterized by abnormal susceptibility to human papillomaviruses (HPVs) of the skin. The resulting uncontrolled HPV infections result in the growth of scaly macules and papules resembling tree bark (giving the disease its nickname), particularly on the hands and feet. It is typically associated with HPV types 5 and 8, which are found in about 80% of the normal population as asymptomatic infections, although other types may also contribute.

Valuable opinion

TREEMAN SYNDROME.. EPIDERMODYSPLASIA VERRUCIFORMIS

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis (aka: Treeman Syndrome)

I agree

EV...Known as Treeman Syndrome...Autosomal recessive hereditary skin disorder..May lead to skin cancer.

Thank you doctor

Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis Rare autosomal recessive hereditary skin disorder.

Thanks Dr Amitabha Dasgupta

View 2 other replies

Epidermodyslasia Verruciformis ( Treeman syndrome)Human papilloma virus

Epidermodysplasia kindly read it in orginl P is missing

View 1 other reply

Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis Also known as Treeman syndrome

Inherited PPKD(palmoplantar keratodetma-multilating pattern Treatment is less than satisfactory and includes higher concentration of topical salisilic acid, urea like keratolytic agents orally acitretin

Valuable opinion

Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis

I agree

SUGGESTIVE. OF TREEMAN SYNDROME .... EPIDERMO DYSPLASIA VERRUCIFORMIS .... H. P. V... INFECTED

I agree
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you