Identify this worm . It passed in the stool of a lady who came to me today.(1)Name of the worm (2) Drug of choice ,dose and duration of treatment.

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Ascaris lumbricoides. Albendazole or Mebendazole for 1-3 days. Round worms causing intestinal colic should be treated by purgatives in addition to anthelminthic drugs. Those causing intestinal obstruction may require laparotomy.

Ascaris lumbricoides Do c..piperazine4gm/ day for two days 0.75 gm/ ur in child till 4gm Albendazole 400 mg of for three days

I remember a case who came me about 5 yr back He was started att for abdominal tb by sorgeon Then they came to me Anyhow I adv to with held att and gave albendazole After few days they came with a word of thanks and said that thousands of round worms have come out and child felt OK and att stopped

400mgms stat ,repeat after 1 week n every 6 months later, treat entire family, personal hygiene to be taken care of!

Round worm , Albendazole 400 mg stat followed by weekly for 6 weeks..

Round worm(ascaris lumbricoides) Mebendazole 100mg bid for 3 days /albendazole 400mg stat nd rpt weekly for 3/4wks

Round worm, Albendazole

Ascariasis Rx albendazole

400 mg stat and repeat after one week

Ascaris lubriciod albendizole with ivercetin alternative days for 10dayz

Round worms

Round Worm.

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion