In a flock of sheep symptoms of nasal and oral discharge . lesions on whole body. 7-8animals had died becoz of this. newly born lambs are also affected from these lesions. what it could be??????

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Suspected disease may be 1-PPR (here goat are most susceptible than sheep) 2-Sheep pox- lesions found all over body at specific area, all age affected 3-Blue tounge-(here sheep are mostly susceptible and lamb are resistant because of matenal immunity, all lesion on occular and nasal discharge found) 4-ORF For further details got to link http://www.agritech.tnau.ac.in/expert_system/sheepgoat/Disease%20control%20and%20management%20of%20Sheep%20and%20Goat.html

Thank you doctor

In sheep and goat pox severe conjuctivitis is seen Go for long acting antibiotics Inj vit c Inj antipyretic Inj antihistaminic Inj multivitamin Bol chollymbi or chb or trp Topical dressing

Thank you doctor

Ppr+ive Sick must be treated Inj Amoxirum 1g i/m injAminophyllin 5ml i/v Caflon15g. Bd Nabulised I with you Budecort Normal people must be a vaccinated

Thank you doctor

It may be PPR In ppr, respiratory and digestive systems are mainly affected so some animals may saw diarrhoea

Thank you doctor

It may be PPR

Thank you doctor

may be case of PPR.clean the lesion c aulm soln.inj antibiotics..5gm avil 2ml inerol 1ml tribevet 1ml I.m.isolated c healthy flock.

Thank you doctor

It is a case of severe sheep pox. Lungs and skin are severely affected. Your third photo clearly shows pock lesions on the ventral side. If you do postmortem, you will find many pock lesions on whole of the skin when visualised from subcutaneous side. Lungs will show characteristic 'Gun shot' lesions, i.e., typical round concentric hyperaemic and pale areas. Take treatment and preventive measures accordingly.

Thank you doctor

In por diarrhea is main symptoms It is case of mycoplasma.

Thank you doctor

Ppr

Thank you doctor

Td:-Sheep pox Dd:-ppr

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion