In this case I m finding impacted 48 with periapical abscess & class 2 cavity i. r. t .47.But regarding periapical radio opacity i. r. t 37,38? Diagnosis?

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

For condensing osteitis the tooth should have pathology. ideopathic sclerosis - possible as it's asymptomatic & was discovered wrt 48. For it to be otontoma....normal dental tissue composition is needed. On bright magnification a fine radiolucent rim is noticed. Odontogenic fibroma whose cells are developing into cementoblasts. Cementoma/ cementoblastoma ?

Thank you doctor

The radiopacity seen in 37,38 could be idiopathic osteosclerosis or condensing osteitis Check the vitality of 37,38 Partial impaction of 48 with caries Distoproximal caries in 47 approximating pulp Extraction of 48 Rct in 47 is needed

Thank you doctor

Looks like a bony hard lesion ....may be odontoma or condensing osteitis ....get a cbct done

It could be dentigerous cyst..Upload an iopa too.. Vitality test should be done.. Extraction of 48 should be done.

37 is vital doc

Radiopacity present at apex it might be cementoma . D/D odontome

Yes there is extraction of 48 And i.r.t. 37 38 ..it might be an odontome

Thank you doctor

Dentigerous cyst Root canal treat qad 47 Extraction qas 48 Iopa

Looks like a dense bony island..if asymptomatic we can just keep on follow up. No need of treatment. Can't be condensing osteitis as there is no pulp/periodontal problem. Also the radiopacity is not fused to the tooth and has a radiolucent rim so can't be cementoblastoma

Seems there a radio opacity d/d can be Odontome Condensing osteitis

Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion