Insulin reduces ACE 2 receptors and prevents entry of coronavirus

How we dodged Covid 19 infection inspite of family members suffering from Covid 19 Last year I published my paper on role of insulin in treatment of Covid 19. Insulin decreases ACE 2 receptors, thereby blocks the entry of coronavirus in our body. This is the link of my article. https://jmscr.igmpublication.org/home/index.php/archive/178-volume-08-issue-07-july-2020/9517-use-of-insulin-in-treatment-of-covid-19-a-proposal-to-explore-feasibility target="_blank">https://jmscr.igmpublication.org/home/index.php/archive/178-volume-08-issue-07-july-2020/9517-use-of-insulin-in-treatment-of-covid-19-a-proposal-to-explore-feasibility I am myself surgeon. I do not have diabetes. My HbA1c is 5.1. my fasting blood sugar is 86 and post lunch blood sugar is 106. I started taking Inj. Glargine insulin 4 units every day as primary prevention and prophylaxis against Covid 19. I am continuing to take Glargine insulin 4 units once a day for last one year. I plan to continue it throughout the pandemic of Covid 19. My father is 87 years old. He is having diabetes, chronic kidney disease, atrial fibrillation etc. He is taking Glargine insulin under my guidance for last 7 years. He has not taken vaccination for Covid 19. In my family my wife and both children developed active Covid 19 infection. However myself and my father did not develop Covid 19 infection. This is because Glargine insulin reduced ACE 2 receptor to such an extent that it prevented entry of coronavirus in body. Thus my father having old age, several comorbidities did not develop Covid 19 infection even though he was in close contact with Covid infected people my wife and children. This happened in spite of not getting any vaccination. Even I did not develop Covid 19 infection because I was taking prophylactic Glargine insulin 4 units once daily for more than one year. One of my patient 38 years had come in septicemic shock because of diabetes ketoacidosis and abscess 3 years back. I had controlled his blood sugar with Glargine insulin, and drained his abscess. His blood sugars are tightly controlled with Glargine insulin and oral medicines. Few days he called me that all his family members developed Covid 19 infection but he did not develope Covid 19 infection. One of my friend and his mother is diabetic and they are taking Glargine insulin. Even they did not develop Covid 19 infection in spite of family members suffering from Covid 19. This was the message which was sent to me. Hi Dr Jayesh... Good evening... This is Mukund, we have our common friend Shridhar Well, the reason for my message today is, my wife and my kid have contracted COVID 19 infection and my mother and me are not... This could be due to the reason of your study on insulin glargine (Lantus from Sanofi) My mother and me are diabetic and we consume Lantus... I’m highly confident on your study on the topic and thank you for helping the people with your knowledge... Just wanted to convey my profound thanks for your acute acumen on the topic... May god make more people like you, who have this noble cause to help the mankind... Best Regards, Mukund Conclusion Glargine insulin helps in prevention of Covid 19 infection. It may help in treatment of Covid 19 infection in those who get infection Please read my article https://jmscr.igmpublication.org/home/index.php/archive/178-volume-08-issue-07-july-2020/9517-use-of-insulin-in-treatment-of-covid-19-a-proposal-to-explore-feasibility

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Doctor it's good to learn about ur article , though I am clear about long term side effects of insulin . Weight gain, vascular endothelial proliferation are a few to name , blindness in diabetics on insulin , besides diabetes is because of insulin per say upto certain extent ,so if pandemic continues taking insulin for longer time may affect vision,& unless such studies are available , one has to take it with a pinch of salt.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Great ,and a great breakthrough. However a large study to be undertaken to prove this .Nevermind if it is realy successful the dose of glargine once daily can be tried by other,thou' in a perfect person he/she may be hesitant to take injections. Does it also work in other type of Insulin?

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

It is not evidence based tt. You may develop complications ie Hypoglycaemia.

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

Wonderful vsir

Thank you doctor

Sir what about those found diabetic first time during COVID infection?Dose?

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

EXCELLENT POST SIR . YOUR DIAGNOSIS WAS PERFECTLY AND KEEP IT SIR YOU'RE ALWAYS GOOD SURGEON ITSELF PROUD OF YOU @Dr. Jayesh Kalbhande

Thank you doctor

Informative post thanks

Thank you doctor

Great concept sir. I read these papers 2 times and also shared to others.

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you