Is linezolid 600 mg more effective than mox cv,sporidex in dental infection swelling.which other dru

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

I m a private practitioner . Its a quite normal scenario for me seeing parent coming to me with a bag full of antibiotics which they have prescribed to their children on a quacks/pharmacist advise. I think both bds and mbbs have to go basic pharmacology as subject. In India antibiotics are prescribed as puri aalo sold on road side stalls. Coming to ur query u have to three words mssa mrsa vrsa. Amoxicillin for mrsa. N Linezolid is reserved for vancomycin resistant organisms. Think about the normal flora of oral cavity. N now think about the pathogens u wana attack . Most gram positive and some anaerobes. For them even amoxiclav is enough.

In my private practice I mostly prefer plain Amoxicillin 250 or 500 mg depending on the age,severity of pain If a patient comes to me with extraoral swelling extending half of the face than I prescribe amoxyclav 625 along with an antacid. Practicing since 11 years I have never prescribed linezolid to any of my patient. For dental patient Plain Amoxicillin and amoxyclav is enough Linezolid is used to treat different types of bacterial infections, such as pneumonia, skin infections, and infections that are resistant to other antibiotics.

WELCOME DR. @ SOUMYA MOSTLY . ORAL. INFECTIONS. ARE. CAUSED. BY GRAM +.VE AND FACULTATIVELY ANAEROBIC. MUTANS AND LINEZOLID. IS. ALSO EFFECTIVE. AGAINST MANY. MULTI RESISTANT GRAM + VE. BACTERIA AND. ANAEROBES

Linezolid is effective in Gm positive infection species.

PHARMACOLOGY AND. MEDICINE ARE VERY. . ESSENTIAL. SUBJECTS.. ALREADY. .. . .. IN. THE. CURRICULUM. OF IIND. / IIIRD. YEAR. . . .B D S. / M B B S. COURSES.. EACH. AND. EVERYTHING.. .. RELATED. TO. DRUGS / MEDICINES. ARE. SUPPOSED. TO. BE. STUDIED IN. DETAILS ... NOW. .. IT. IS. UPTO. THE. STUDENTS OF. . .. B D S. AND. M B B S. . THAT .. ...HOW. MUCH. INTEREST THEY. SHOW. IN. THE. SUBJECTS. OF PHARMACOLOGY. AND MEDICINE . . DURING. THEIR. STUDYING. PERIODS. IN. THEIR. INSTITUTIONS.

MY. REGARDS. SIR @ DR. NITESH. PRASAD. JI..

CHOICE OF ANTIBIOTICS .. DEPENDS UPON MANY FACTORS .. IT DIFFERS FROM CASE TO CASE ..

What is the case dr? Extraoral swelling or intraoral swelli g . Reason of swelling . But still many factors to count on

Kindly, Effective but you don't have to use unnecessary linezolid 600, use plain mox, and/or mox CV depending upon the situation you encounter during your clinical and HP examination.

It’s doctor s choice

YES,,IT IS HIGHER THAN MOX CV AND SPORIDEX ,,,,BUT IT DEPENDS ON CASE TO CASE AND ON MANY FACTORS,,,,AND IT HAS A MORE SIDE EFFECTS THAN COMPARED TO OTHERS.

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you