Concluded Case

is spine surgery is required?

can you guys please discuss me the # areas and doctor are suggesting surgery is it necessary please advise

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

thanks a ton to all my seniors doctor

All Answers

A burst fracture is a type of traumatic spinal injury in which a vertebra breaks from a high-energy axial load (e.g., traffic collisions or falls from a great height or high speed, and some kinds of seizures, or jumping into a swimming pool at the shallow end whilst intoxicated), with shards of vertebra penetrating ... The fractures usually heal on their own and the pain goes away. However, sometimes the pain can persist if the crushed bone fails to heal adequately. In severe cases of osteoporosis, actions as simple as bending forward can be enough to cause a "crush fracture," or spinal compression fracture. The last option is Laminectomy is surgery that creates space by removing the lamina — the back part of a vertebra that covers your spinal canal. Also known as decompression surgery, laminectomy enlarges your spinal canal to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or nerves.

Fracture L2 Check neurological status MRI before planning surgery

L2 fracture rest for 6 week complete bed rest MRI of whole spine BMD then opinion of orthopedic or neurosurgeon wear brace

Burst Fracture L2. Flexion with vertical force should be the mode of injury. If neurologic status compromise, surgery required.

No surgery

Vertebral burst #. Need MRI for neurological compromise that relates clinically with patient's symptoms and age. Orthopedic surgeon's opinion needed.

If neurological condition not compromise no surgry required,only take bed .

I think surgery is needed . But an orthopedic surgeon can give the proper solution.

Thank you doctor

Needed surgry

thanks a ton to all my seniors doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion