Is this Ichthyosis Vulgaris? Anything else too?

A 55 year old male presented to OPD with complaints of lesions as shown in picture, with lesions in legs being itchy and sclaes come out too History Known case of T2DM/HTN well controlled on Gliclazide, Linagliptin, Losartan/Amlodipine Current HBA1C is 8.2 Investigations His reports of complete panel is normal, except TLC being 13000, but no complaints of fever etc Diagnosis Please guide are these any lesions due to any medication too In legs I am suspecting Ichthyosis Vulgaris Please guide about the discoloured lesions in back, elbow and elsewhere too Management Also discuss the management of Ichthyosis Vulgaris So far I have started him on following - Vildagliptin/Metformin 50/500 BD Moisturex Soft Cream BD Coconut Oil at bedtime Tab Fexofenadine 180 in mning Telmisartan/Amlodipine 40/5 in mning

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

?Asteatotic eczema ? Necrobiosis lipoidica of lower limbs ? FDE ? Lichen planus/? LPP

Pt is k/c of DM2T you said under good control but hbA1c suggest poor control and indicating to shift on insulin with regime followed or add dapagliflizone 10mg od Coming to skin lesions Multifold lesions are suspected Beside diabetic dermopathy and ICTHYOSIS in legs other eruptions on trunk are scabies Hence approach may be beside control of hbA1c first treat scabies by permithrine oint and oral tab ivermectin plus Than shift on local application of clop-s nano lotion twice daily Moisturisers frequently Clobetasol propionate oint twice daily for diabetic linchens

Current sugars are controlled I mean sir HBA1c you know is of past 3 months sir

View 3 other replies

Agree Dr Mansukh ji

The lesion on leg looks like acquired localised icthyosis and other leison lichenification due itching may be due dryness

Linchen Planus Pigmentosum ? Rx Colb S oint Continue same moisturizer Sos Allegra

YES,, LESIONS IN LEGS LOOKS LIKE ICTHYOSIS VULGARIS. LICHEN PLANUS CHRONICUS. DIABETIC DERMOPATHY. XEROSIS CUTIS.

Consider CLP and vasculitis.

Icthyosis Xeroderma Lichen planus

Lichen planus Psoriasis Dermatitis diabetic

Load more answers