Concluded Case

treatment with sildenafil citrate for covid refractory hypoxia.

It is about a case of covid pneumonia The case came to my college,36 year Hashim,who have been treated with all protocol drugs and ventilation,finally put on fio2 1 with just 84 percent spo2.since nothing else To be done I gave sildenafil citrate 20 mg stat and waited. Problem of covid is microvascular embolism and increased interstitial oedema (exudative protein which produse refractive oedema unresponsive to peep) because of vasculitis which leads to O2 diffusion difficulty. Since sildenafil citrate will open up new vessel which.is shut down by embolism by no2 increase,it has to increase the vascularity and hence improve saturation.that was the idea at that time. PT improved in 2 hours and very much improved in 8 hours.that patient is the only one survived and discharged ,who is on ventilator. Lot of people were against this experiment and I skipped from the what's up group. Always think we are here to save the patient,not to protect bullshit stupid ethics of idiotic doctors around here who studied from private medical college. It is a harsh statement I know.

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

think of sildenafil citrate 20 mg for refractory hypoxia if there is no contraindications. I usually give sildenafil citrate in massive pulm.embolism with excellent result.

All Answers

think of sildenafil citrate 20 mg for refractory hypoxia if there is no contraindications. I usually give sildenafil citrate in massive pulm.embolism with excellent result.

Cases that would interest you