Concluded Case

Liver mass under evaluation

55/M, no comorbidities Chief Complaints Hematemesis with abdominal distension History Patient underwent EGD showing esophageal varices for which he underwent EVL. During evaluation of cause of cirrhosis he was found to be HBsAg positive and was found to have borderline AFP of 12 (ULN = 10) Investigations He underwent a CT scan which is attached Management What should be the management?

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

The mass doesn't show a typical arterial enhancement and venous washout but I/v/o cirrhosis of liver with PHTN with borderline AFP, patient underwent USG guided biopsy which showed HCC. The ascites was transient and improved within a week. Patient was started on Entecavir and I/v/o HKLC IIa lesion, patient was planned for resection of the tumor and hence was referred to surgical oncologist.

All Answers

The mass doesn't show a typical arterial enhancement and venous washout but I/v/o cirrhosis of liver with PHTN with borderline AFP, patient underwent USG guided biopsy which showed HCC. The ascites was transient and improved within a week. Patient was started on Entecavir and I/v/o HKLC IIa lesion, patient was planned for resection of the tumor and hence was referred to surgical oncologist.

Diseases Related to Discussion