Male Infertility

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

What is your question ? You want to count the numbers of doctors who prescribed CC.25 in male i fertility ? Yes Dr..Ajitji as it was my subject of practicing obviously i have prescribed to hundreds ... For male infertity ..Clomiphen Citrate 25 mg should be given for 25 days in a month regularly ..After a gap of 5 days again repeat. It should continue for 4 months . Rule out testicular atrophy first .. In males, clomiphene citrate increases levels of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). These hormones are important for fertility and are present in both males and females. LH encourages the release of testosterone in males. It is an orally active nonsteroid agent distantly related to diethylstilbestrol. It is thought to stimulate pituitary gonadotropin release by excluding estradiol from hypothalamic receptor sites. This interaction neutralizes the normal negative feedback control of estrogen and results in enhanced secretion of LH-RH, FSH-RH and gonadotropin. Testosterone is produced by the Leydig cells in response to LH secretion. Though FDA has not approved CC for male i fertility !!!!

I dont want to do any counting sir. Just wanted to know experiences sir. Thats it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

View 1 other reply

Yes it is given for oligospermia 25 mg 6 days in a week for 3 to 6 months

Thanks Dr. Kajal Verma

I think most of us gives clomifene in case of oligospermia

Thank you doctor

I use to prescribe in oliguria but looks best drugs for lady with anovulatory cycle is wonder drug chances of twin my criteria for sperm changed I will hold back clomiphane try antioxidant report of semen analysis of c a s method

Oligospermia

I have prescribed in both the partners for 5 days 50mg.From third day of cycle. Have worked well in some case with positive response.

I agree

Clomiphen citrate is given in male infertility in 25mg 25 days /month and dose may be increased every 3month or 6 month .

Thank you doctor

Clomiphene citrate 27l5 mg for 25days in oligospermia yes for Male infertility for 3-6months

I have used in number of pts up to 50mg twice daily and quite satisfying results

Valuable opinion

View 3 other replies

Yes if patient have oligospermia I adv him

Cc 25mg bd 3 mnths,with antioxidant

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you