Concluded Case

? Malignant Eso Stricture

A young male aged 44 years who is a chronic tobacco chewer Chief Complaints Dysphagia (Solids > Liquids) LOW (+) LOA (+) History H/O Surgery [Transhiatal Esophagectomy] for corrosive esophageal stricture 1 yr back Physical Examination Cachexia (+) Investigations UGIE PET - CT Diagnosis Lets discuss the Approach to the case

(Edited)

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

A case of post Transhiatal Esophagectomy for corrosive stricture with symptoms of Dysphagia, , LOA , LOW To me it looks like a case of Newly developed malignant stricture . As per PET it looks,like a localised - malignancy in esophagus. At this,stage - Definitive treatment will be,a re- surgery- .That will remain the hope of long term survival. Options,are Radiotherapy and chemotherapy. But an endoscopic biopsy is important to proceed further - because if squamous cell carcinoma- I would prefer Radiotherapy and chemotherapy

All Answers

A case of post Transhiatal Esophagectomy for corrosive stricture with symptoms of Dysphagia, , LOA , LOW To me it looks like a case of Newly developed malignant stricture . As per PET it looks,like a localised - malignancy in esophagus. At this,stage - Definitive treatment will be,a re- surgery- .That will remain the hope of long term survival. Options,are Radiotherapy and chemotherapy. But an endoscopic biopsy is important to proceed further - because if squamous cell carcinoma- I would prefer Radiotherapy and chemotherapy

Thank you doctor

diverticula may be

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion