Concluded Case

Metabolic disorders

He is complaining of ,polyurea,polyphagia , polydiphsiya ,emaciated,malnourished ,all muscles shows signs of wasting,sunken eye ball,multiple bone preeminence with lipoatropic ,and altered bowled.History of behavioral disorders . Discuss the case. l

(Edited)

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

This is T1/DM ,on insulin therapy .The boy was school topper,was diagnosed and insulin was prescribed .He was not on right dose. Due to poorly controlled diabetes ,patient lost the weight,so.muscle wasting.Chronic diarrhea further deteriorating his health and weight. Some of my friend who opined had suggested to rule out MRDM,,that is malnutrition related DM,is true are most accepted advise in this case. Some.one advised LADA in this case.Late onset Autoimmune Diabetes in Adult ,that is type 1DM,I think it may be right,but that is reported above 60/plus years.But straight away we can invoke T1/DM in this case. MODY also is suggested by our readers in this case.Yes true ,this case is well ,thought out one.Pancreatic calculi is to be ruled out ,to rule out MRDM,and MoDY too is right in this case.,But there one has to work out lot. GAD,C.Peptides all have been suggested is good advise ,well accepted. But in this case ,insulin in right dose,intense therapy of multiple doses of help.

All Answers

A case of T2 - Diabetes Mellitus with secondary complications- may be pulmonary or abdominal tuberculosis. , multiple nutritional deficiencies Differential diagnosis-,. 1.Hyperthyroidism . 2.Diabetes inspidus . 3.Drug addiction like cannabis 4 Addison's disease. Patient needs proper evaluation with investigations. 1.Blood sugar fasting and PP 2.HBA1C 3.K.FT 4.Thyroid profile . 5.Ultrasonography abdomen 6.X- Ray - chest .

This is T1/DM ,on insulin therapy .The boy was school topper,was diagnosed and insulin was prescribed .He was not on right dose. Due to poorly controlled diabetes ,patient lost the weight,so.muscle wasting.Chronic diarrhea further deteriorating his health and weight. Some of my friend who opined had suggested to rule out MRDM,,that is malnutrition related DM,is true are most accepted advise in this case. Some.one advised LADA in this case.Late onset Autoimmune Diabetes in Adult ,that is type 1DM,I think it may be right,but that is reported above 60/plus years.But straight away we can invoke T1/DM in this case. MODY also is suggested by our readers in this case.Yes true ,this case is well ,thought out one.Pancreatic calculi is to be ruled out ,to rule out MRDM,and MoDY too is right in this case.,But there one has to work out lot. GAD,C.Peptides all have been suggested is good advise ,well accepted. But in this case ,insulin in right dose,intense therapy of multiple doses of help.

Symptoms are suggestive of A Diabetes B Hypothyroidism C Diabetes with complication like tuberculosis Needs to be investigated.

Very likely to have DM / Hyper Thyrodism / Malnourished.../ Vitamin Decficiencies.

I agree

View 1 other reply

D/d 1 malnourished or undernourished 2 diabetes 3 hyperthyrodism Needs to workout

Good clinician

View 4 other replies

Rule out diabetes Gad antibodies and family history and treat accordingly

I agree

Rule out T1 DM,drug abuse,pul kochssend cbc,urine RM,cxr pa view

I agree

DM type 1. Proper history of cannabis abuse or any drug.

Hyperthyroidism Diabeties Malnourised D.M Pul.TB Vit. Deficiency

I agree

He is diabetic evaluation needed

I agree
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you