Cholesterols level and medication

My own case Male 34 years having no symptoms. Gone for follow up-check up for my piles treatment and doctor suggested some basic blood tests and my cholesterol levels are close to borderline high. Doctor suggested one 10 mg tablet at night for 3 months and do again lipid profile. So I am confused should I start cholesterols medicine at a 34 years of age and 94 kg weight or start to do diet modifications and exercise programs..? And my other question is if I start medication then should I have to continue for whole life or for short term..?

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Rule for cholesterol medicines is that once you start you have to continue our for life time Therefore, before starting try to use alternate modality of treatment, such as low calorie, low fat and high protein diet, true to do weight loss I have found, that with these measures cholesterol comes back to normal in many instances But once achieved normalcy, one has to continue with same lifestyle life time, otherwise again cholesterol will rise

Thank you doctor

Life style modifications. Diet and exercise and reassurance.

Thank you doctor

Earlier you start and continue over life course, more benefit you get. Source: ACC Dyslipidemia guidelines. Calculate ASCVD Score.

Diet control ,daily walking for45 minutes may reduce cholesterol level

Thank you doctor

Medications are not required

Thank you doctor

Medications are not required, just basic exercises are enough

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you