Negative Impact of Wearing PPE on Healthcare Workers

PPEs while reducing the risk of infection to healthcare workers also results in many problems. In addition to the usual adverse reactions of headaches, skin sensitivity, and acne, use of PPE also results in negative impact on vision, comfort, communication, as well as hampering movements when doing procedures or handling instruments. Please discuss your experiences with the use of PPE in your practice......

18 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

PPE kit through provide protection to first line of defence health care provider , long hours of wearing kit create many problems to the wearer every outer part to functions of different body organs from headache , blurring of vision, anorexia , constipation , insomnia and what not excessive sweating disturb outer body skin list is endless. Wearing of PPE kit provides protection but at what cost ( 3000 Medical graduates mass resignation in MP ) we have lost so many colleagues during this pandemic, a Thanks less job but we have to perform our duties , risks are every where so get ready for next day .

Agreed Sir

View 8 other replies

First question comes to mind is does PPE kit provide cen percent protection to health worker My answer is not at all not only protection but i found it a more infecious as i used it and despite i landed in ICU So far using ppe kit in standard pattern ie doning and doffing and discard all are not practical in outset opd setups Beside multiple problems sited like restrictions in movements Restrictions in quality of work Skin problems Hyperpigmentation of face marks on face Eye sight problems as blurring specifically peoples using spects Reinfection as inhale and exhaling are not freely done Overall i don't see any advantage in using these wears

Thanx dr Vedprakash Singh

View 2 other replies

PPE’s might have negative impact headache acne, skin allergy and so on but PPE prevents the person from corona infection and also gives confidence to the wearer and he can serve patient with confidence

Negative impact of wearing PPE on Healthcare working covid 19 cases patients.... Health care workers.. Nice information useful information.. Uploaded... Government....see to health workers... In covid 19 cases of 2021... Management.. Vaccination... Providing firstly....WHO to step that kind of patient situation health workers.... firstly. Vaccination...

Thanks doctor

One of best topic addressed today ..PPE kits in Covid 19 Pandamic used by health care workers ..All the PPE kits are having some amount of technical problems as mask with specteles wearing health care workers .The same with all PPE so very high quality and effective , comfortable and safe should be made ..

The cost that comes with PPE kit's protection. Long hours in the PPE suits gives rashes, makes breathing difficult and leaves them at the mercy of the stifling summer. Eating, drinking or even urinating is out of the question during duty hours that can last from 6 to 8 hours and may even stretch to 12 hours. Thus the design is an important aspect which should be user friendly and practical. It also affects the efficacy and inturn the quality of life of people on both sides of the table.

Thank you @Dr. Dinesh Gupta

NICE ILLUSTRATION HEALTH WORKERS HAVE TO WEAR PPE FIR PTOCTION 8N THIS PANDEMIC COVID 19 HOWEVER SINCE PPE IS A KIND OF NEW STUFF SOME MAY FEEL SUFFOCATED AND OTHERS MAY NOT ADJUST

THE. MOST. AFFECTING ASPECT. IS DESIGN. OF. P P E. KIT. . SHOULD. BE. SIMPLIFIED. AND. PRACTICALLY. COMFORTABLE...

PPE kit though provides protection ,but it also hampers work efficiency.

Of course there is negative impact of wearing PPE on Health care workers for management of COVID-19 pts. Better & comfortable alternative of ppe kit must be thinked to avoid negative impacts.

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you