Concluded Case

Non - Specific pruritus in CA prostate patient

83 years old male - a known case of CA prostate since 1 year on regular treatment On Bicalutamide 50 mg and LHRH agonist leuprolide acetate 22.5 mg every 3 months. Now he is having itching all over the body - although he is having leuprolodd induced bilateral Gynecomastia. Pruritus is not getting relieved by conventional antihistamines. Diagnosis and treatment of skin condition welcomed

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Papuloerythroderma of Ofuji with deck chair sign positive. I would rather forward this patient to appropriate Dermatologist for futher co-management because this may land into emergency. Still I can guide if no nearby dermatologist available

All Answers

POSSIBLY SENILE PRURITUS AND. BICALUTAMIDE. INDUCED SKIN. RASHES... DD PAPULO-ERYTHRODERMA OF. OFUJI..... ........ ...IS. USUALLY. ASSOCIATED WITH....... SENILE. PRURITUS... MALIGNANCY.....AND. DRUGS ADVISABLE LFT. R F T... AND TOPICAL. O T C. PRODUCTS TO. RELIEVE. ITCHING..... LIKE...... HYDROCORTISONE. TOPICAL OR. .. STEROIDAL. TOPICAL

Thank you doctor

Most common condition is senile pruritis. Liberal use of emollients neck to toe 2 to 3 times a day may reduce the misery. If the pruritis is not due to primary skin disease, anti histamines are much help. Cancer associated pruritis is said to respond to Aprepitant 80 mg orally for several days. But I don't know whether this is available or not. If any of our Doctors highlight regarding this I will be higly obliged.

Valuable opinion

Papuloerythroderma of Ofuji with deck chair sign positive. I would rather forward this patient to appropriate Dermatologist for futher co-management because this may land into emergency. Still I can guide if no nearby dermatologist available

Valuable opinion

View 3 other replies

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

IT'S A..CASE OF.. PRURITUS PAPULES.. ERYTHRODERMIC AND .. SPERING SKIN FOLDS .. ? PEO .. NEED'S.. EXPERTS OPINION TO AVOID.. COMLICATIONS..

Tnx Dr Amitabha Dasgupta

Beautiful case Dr.parveen sir I agree with Dr.joy das sir that sparing abdominal folds (papuloerythoderma of ofuzi) n mgt

Thank you doctor

DD Senile pruritus Xerotic eczema PETCT can be done to assess CA Prostate . LFT , diabetic profile

Thank you,Doctor

Drug induced urticaria adv local steroid lotion and oral antihitaminic

Senile Pruritus Bicalutamide induced skin rashes

Please read antihistamines are NOT of much help

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you