Concluded Case

Amoxycillin in pregnancy

Patient 29 y female 7weeks and 3 days primigravidae came with history of pimple on inner aspect right arm near axilla, 5-6 days back, now discharging pus from it. Is it safe to give oral antibiotic, if yes then which is suitable. Can topical be helpful? She is also taking progestrone..

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

I concluded that amoxy is safe during pregnancy. Thanks to all of you.

All Answers

It is cellulitis now and given opening hence you can try conservative otherwise it will need incision and drainage Conservative rx is plain Cefuroxime 250mg 1bd Locally mupirocin Antiinflamatory for short time if needed Express the contents with widening 9f mouth of lesion

YES SIR.. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.. I AM GLAD TO LEARN LOT OF FROM YOU.. TNX A LOT SIR ..

View 6 other replies

Follicular Cellulitis Amoxicillin500 mg bd I&D under local anesthesia Paracetamol 1sos

Thanks Dr. Maqsud Ansari Dr Shivraj Agrawal, Dr. Ramesh Kumar Singh, Dr. Neha jambla, Dr. Tanya , Dr. Rukaiya khan

Cellulitis Indeed amoxicillin is safe drug T - bact

Folliculitis

Furuncle Tab.Amoxicillin 500 mg BD x 5 days Mupirocin for L/A If no improvement I and D

Thank You Dr.Vipin

Yeah its safe no issue Adv. Tab. Azithral 250mg BD for 5days Tab. Lyser-d BD for 3days T Bact ointment for local application

@ folliculitis

I concluded that amoxy is safe during pregnancy. Thanks to all of you.

Yes it is infected boils & 3rd generation crphalosporin is safe in first trimester with t bact ointment for local application

Looks like folliculitis

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion