Concluded Case

Penile Dismorphic disorder

9 years Old Male child Very small Penis No other Complaints Please For Diagnosis and ttt

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Thanks my friends

All Answers

Micro Penis. A micropenis is a penis that is smaller than normal. A penis length of less than 0.75 inches for a newborn boy is considered micropenis. ... In some cases, a man with micropenis may have low sperm count. This can result in infertility or decreased fertility. It can happen if a child has a hormone disorder that causes an abnormal level of the hormones that affect the growth of the sex organs. This can include problems with the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus.

Thank you doctor

Dr. Abd Elnasser, Here visual shows lesser size of penis... 9 years boy.... The Stretched Penile Length (SPL) more than 3.8 cm called Shorter than normal, but not MICROPENIS ... MICROPENIS is size is shorter than 3.8 cm. Tanner staging is important to estimate the size of the penis, but not age... Few individuals even 15 years of age also not showing enough size. The size of penis is depend on TESTOSTERONE levels ... Normal testosterone levels in the man is 300 ng/ dl.... But here in this age minimum 7 ng/ dl also considered as normal. These levels may persist in individuals, until the age of 15 years. But it may increase suddenly within the short period upto 150 ng and attained the adult size of Penis ... So my impression is, if size more than 3.8 cm penis, wait for few years until the age of 19:years. So development can happen at different ages for different people, the Tanner scale is a more accurate way to judge the changes during puberty than referring to age.

Thank you doctor

Most likely it is a buried penis .Penis could be of normal size but buried in the supra pubic pad of fat .As the child is having a protuberant belly - most likely it is a case of buried penis . However- if the stretched length of penis is less than 4 cms it needs further evaluation as a case of microphallus . Also rule out any associated hypospadias or hormonal disorders in such a case

Thank you doctor

? MICROPENIS .. ? BURRIED PENIS.. NEED'S.. HORMONAL STUDY.. ENDOCRINOLOGISTS OPINION..

Tnx Dr Amitabha Dasgupta

At this age it is not wise to say that the boy of 9 years old ha e got micro penis, I completely agree with Dr Praveen Jograj about the Tanner Staging and role of testosterone in the development of penis. You can wait upto the age 15 years then penis length may increase or develop at any stage upto the of 19 that is in his teen age and puberty

Micropenis Consult Endocrinologist after that to plastic & reconstructive surgeon

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

Micro pen is endocrinologist & plastic surgeon to be consulted

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

may be congenital syndrome such as Lawrence moon biedel central hypothamus

Thank you doctor

I agree to dr p Kishore Kumar

Thanx dr Sachin Kale

Measure SPL, wait till 13 years for detailed work up.Reduce weight. It may be buried penis.

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you