Platelet 45,000 cumm/ what is the differential diagnosis and treatment

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

being a mbbs student u should add history too while presenting the case with thromcytopenia . its very important to understand the underlying causes common d/ds septicemia dengue malaria enteric fever itp aplastic anemia dic others too . even if the platelet counts fall below 5000 theres risk of intracranial bleed theorotically but it happens rarely . give platelet transfusion in diseases like itp doesnt solve the issue since they get destroyed too .

I support ur views, & i’m observing many medicos dont give any h/?? I dont know whether they really want discussion or just thro a query to test us.

View 5 other replies

THROMBOCYTOPENIA.. ? APLASTIC ANEMIA.. ? LEUKEMIA.. ? VIRAL FEVER.. ? MUMPS.. VARICELLA.. ? DENGUE FEVER.. ? MALARIAL FEVER..

Is it emergency issue.when the platelet get lower down than 45,000

View 5 other replies

Thrombocytopenia Causes Dengue fever Malaria Aplastic anemia ITP Leukemia Acute one Megaloblastic anemia (b12 def) DIC Cirrosis of liver

I agree

Repeat test for platelet after 12 hours in view of progressive Thrombocytopenia.. Prepare mind set for Platelet Transfusion. Dangue...Aplastic Anemia ..Liver cirrhosis.

Thrombo cytology penia dengue bone marrow depression find out cause platelet transfusion etc etc

Please provide.. Age.. clinical symptoms.. signs... Cbc findings.. and pbs images.

I agree

PLT counts alone do not reveal the underlying aetiology of thrombocytopenia. Details required for evaluation..

Sorry I can't understand

Dengue fever Ca

FIRST OF ALL WE SHOULD KNOW THE REASON WHY PLATELETS ARE DOWN , IT MAY BE DUE TO DENGUE, LEUKAEMIA,AND SO MANY CAUSES

Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you