Please check the following report of 36 year old female.where in there is normal glucose level both fasting and post prandial.And normal fasting insulin level that is 15.mU/l.post prandial insulin level is 149mU/L. Plz guide me if they are normal or going wrong somewhere.

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

in this lady, please rule out THYROID DYSFUNCTION by doing thyroid PROFILE. WEIGHT GAIN may be due to SEDENDATARY LIFESTYLE UNHEALTHY DIETARY HABITS HYPOTHYROIDISM. excessive weight gain, can cause INSULIN resistance and ACANTHOSIS NIGRICANS and skin tags. STRESS ON LSM WEIGHT LOSS ADVISED THYROID PROFILE, LIPID PROFILE.

I think TFT is normal, Lipids not seen properly, not visible

View 1 other reply

Easy access and also curiosity of patients and doctors to laboratories leads to over and unnecessary investigations doctor must take care of pre and post test probability for the diagnosis of particular diseases this patient onlyrequire lifestyle modification

Very well said Dr. Bhawani.

The reports are absolutely normal. Why did you order fasting and post prandial insulin levels ??? Was she suffering from DM ??? As far as the reports are concerned they are absolutely with in normal limits. What is your query ???

It's sometimes good to see that all the reports are normal and we can move on to next case. Just reassurance and recheck screening for diabetes after 2 years, and lots of emphasis at this stage for LSM.

Sir pls check Hba1c to the average glycemic control and can start with@lifestyle modications and proper diet plan with high fiber and low carb diet

please post the case with clinical history and findings. reports are normal. but we need to know the indications for investigations

that's what I asked her Zuber

View 1 other reply

just check blood pressure

normal

As the lady gained weight and got few skin overgrowth in her armpits so doctors have adviced her to test her lnsulin levels , as they say raised insulin levels helps in weight gain.

investigation of polycystic ovary syndrome or Cushing syndrome or uses of corticosteroid

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you