septicemia AVSD Brachial fistula

PMCCC30082020 A 14day old male 3.3 kg arrived with c/o poor activity murmer ulcerative wounds over neck (brachial fistula?? Leismaniasis?Pressure contact ulcers??) Baby was previously on mediacation somewhere else but Discharged on attendent will,, O/E I°P°Ln°Cy°Cl° CVS murmer,,CNS normal(feed taking sucking good) TLC on previous reports 64000,,on arrival RR 54bpm Spo2 75%(off O2) P/A soft with hepatomegalae Urine stool wnl DDX septicemial with ACHD Kindly add your valuable opinion

(Edited)

LikeAnswersShare

I agree with your Diagnosis. Baby is septicemic. High Neutrophil count, band form, CRP, Rt sided consolidation are all suggestive. The Echo report and hepatomegaly do suggest AVSD. Few suggestions:- 1. Do Lumbar puncture, continue Iv antibiotics as per the culture and sensitivity report 2. Be a little liberal with respiratory support. Baby may develop PPHN, so ventilate early and give appropriate oxygen to maintain sats >95%. Rather ask the Cardiologist, what should be the target sats as the baby has AVSD. I expect normal sats initially. 3. Be cautious about fluids. You must not give too much fluids ( avsd can lead to heart failure) or too little fluids (as severe Respiratory distress can lead to insensible fluid losses). I would suggest start with 150 ml/kg/day - monitor capillary refill, BP, pulse volume, HR, oedema/ dehydration, urine output, serial Na levels, lactate levels to help you guide. In my opinion, the main problem here is Sepsis, but you can't ignore AVSD. Good luck

Valuable opinion

Diseases Related to Discussion