Post COVID-19 Follow-Up

Most people recover from the acute phase of COVID-19. However, some people continue to experience a range of effects for months after recovery—named long COVID—and damage to organs has been observed. Known manifestations of post-COVID conditions include a range of troubling physical symptoms, such as severe fatigue and increased risk of damage to the heart, lungs and brain. Available data indicate that about 25% of those with COVID-19 suffer from symptoms 4–5 weeks after testing positive, and about 1 in 10 experience symptoms after 12 weeks. Please share if you have come across such symptoms in your practice......

28 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Covid-19 after recovering from disease some patients continue experiencing symptoms of respiratory insufficiency due to abnoromalities of interstitial tissue of lungs they for a prolonged period of oxygen requirement

NICE ILLUSTRATION IT HAS BEEN NOTED THAT POST COVID COMPLECATATIONS ARE A KIND OF COMMON ENTITY AND SHOUKD BE TAKEN INTO CONSUDERSTATION THEY ARE MORE COMMON ON.PATIENTS WHO HAVE OB2DITY UNCONTROLLED D M HYPERTENSION THRIID CNS AND CVS PROBLEMS

YES MANY. PATIENTS.... EXPERIENCE... POST. COVID. SYNDROME... ..NEEDS COMPLETE. CARE. AND. MONITORING...... AS. THE. COMPLETE RESOLUTION. MAY. TAKE MORE. THAN. THREE. MONTHS

Long Covid A subset of people affected by Covid 19 fail to recover from disease and keep on suffering from symptoms secondary to Covid for long time. It is termed as long Covid. Few of the individual succumb to complications in this period. I personally believe that it is secondary to persistence of coronavirus in our body. Therefore, insulin especially Glargine insulin has vital role in treatment of long Covid in both diabetic as well as non diabetic. I have treated few long Covid cases with Glargine insulin with very good outcome. Please read my article on role of insulin in treatment of Covid 19 https://jmscr.igmpublication.org/home/index.php/archive/178-volume-08-issue-07-july-2020/9517-use-of-insulin-in-treatment-of-covid-19-a-proposal-to-explore-feasibility

Very informative.. Useful information ... Diabetic patients.. Hypertension... Heart attacks. Neurological disorders... Respiratory system.... Covid 19 patients mostly cases death of reasons..

Thanks doctor

My parents recently recovered from covid, It's been almost a month since recovery they are 62year with diabetic and 49yr without comorbidties. BUT Both of them are still having genral weakness and loss of weight about 5kgs in the last month. They are finding it difficult to evn do their regular work. My dad is a 62yr old diabetic he used to walk for around 45min daily... Now he is just able to do 15min... He gets tired and takes rest . And tremors too in hands. While doing simple work like taking down a number on phone. Is this common?? Will he recover completely??

Yes .He will recover very soon .He should take good diet and plenty of liquid daily

View 3 other replies

Useful information. Except persisting weakness even after recovery from disease ,fortunately I couldn't see any significant problems.

An important and most powerful educative post for me. Thank@Medi- Insights for valuable sharing.

Thank you Sir@Dr. Narendra Kumar .

Acute disease translating into chronic disease. This and many such examples only emphasize what Dr. Hahnemann observed, experimented and concluded 210 years back. Whenever there is no full recovery and lingering effects of a disease are seen, it indicates a deeper cause within the human organism which doesn't allow cure.

Nice update but data is thin and not established and experienced

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion