Psoriasis - Clinical Presentation

Although psoriasis starts with the involvement of skin, but it cannot be limited to just a skin problem. It has been linked to a number of other diseases, especially metabolic derangements and arthritis. The disease carries a huge socio-economic burden, and the diagnosis of psoriasis is purely based on clinical features. Depending upon the type of psoriasis, onset may be abrupt or slowly progressive. The course of the disease in the same individual is not uniform over time. It cannot be classified based on a single factor and generally involves differentiation of lesions based on the morphology of the lesions, degree of inflammation, distributing patterns of the lesions, and the extent of body surface involvement. Please share your valuable insights on the various clinical manifestations of the disease......

42 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

NICE ILLUSTRATION OF CLINICAL PRESENTATION OF PSORIASIS CLINICAL CLSSSEFECATION OF PSORIASIS CAN BE EXTENSOR TYPE OF PSORIASIS FLEXOR TYPE INVOLEMENT OF SCALP INVOLEMENT OF JOINTS PSORIATIC ARTHOPATHY INVOLEMENT OF NAILS CATRACT METHOTREXATE IS ALSO A KIND OF TREAMENT FOR PSORIASIS

Psoriasis is a group of diseases affecting every aspect of life ( physically, socially and mentally ) Nicely discussed and illustrated.

Thanks Dr Dinesh Gupta

View 4 other replies

Psoriasis has become challenge for medical professionals as it disturbing all the aspects of life.. Thanks for illustrated knowledge sharing post and presentation.

Expert top vinay verma 9882266712

Very nice and useful information. Thank you for sharing. The cause of the psoriasis is not fully known. But it is thought to be related to an immune system problum with cells in your body. More specifically, one key cell is a type of white blood cells called a T lymphocytes or T cell. Normally T cells travel throughout the body to detect and fight of foreign bodies such as viruses and bacteria. Here the T cells attack healthy skin cells by mistake, as if to heal the wound or to fight the infection. Over active T cells trigger other immune responses. The effect include dilation of blood vessels in the skin around the plaques and an increase in other white blood cells that can enter the outer layer of the skin. These changes result in an increased production of both healthy skin cells and more T cells and other white blood cells. This causes an ongoing cycle in which new skin cells move to the outermost layer of the skin too quickly -in days rather than weeks. Dead skin and white blood cells cannot slough off quickly enough and buildup in thick scaly patches on the skin's surface. This usually doen't stop unless treatment interrupted the cycle

Hello friends. My brother has Psoriasis since 20 yrs...now he has Arthritis with finger deformity.controlled by Mtxate. But Its realy affected his whole life. Some psychological issues also. People and family members all looks at u in a different way. Its my experience. I m taking care of him and doing my best possible . Please sir guide me how can i cure it ?i am trying homeopathy also. How to boost his immunity ?? Please help.

Brokly... Green salad... Coconut water & coconut malai... I personally recommend to my patients coconut water twice a week for 2 years to such patients..

View 5 other replies

SUGGESTIVE. OF VARIOUS. ASPECTS OF PSORIASIS NICELY DISCUSSED. IN DETAILS..

Nice illustration. Psoriasis may involve the all parts of body from scalp to nails . Many medicines r available in the market to cure psoriasis.. But as per my clinical experience pt. Immunity play's a big roll in its treatment..

Very informative....Decent presentation.

Thanks ji Doctor Saheb for your valuable information.... autoimmune...needs counselling calmness symphony music lime juice...too much heat... coolfoods.. pomegranat es muskmelon walnuts blue berries sunshine ginger cherries berries apricots ginger carrots chappaties foxnuts chiaseeds soaked overnight chanadaliya hydration sweet potato beetroot coriander juice citrus fruit lemongrass decoction alkaline diet no sugar no nonveg diet no eggs no mushrooms no fried foods no processed or fermented foods and beverages... cold pressed coconut oil massage and in naval.. inhalation techniques

I have a lot of dermatotropic with pustular psoriasis at home. It followed psoriasis after 15 years. It is simply gruesome for pt and relatives. Now on retinoic acid. Wish some better relief studies come out soon.

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you