todays case for endodontics

Pt come with pain & abscess in right molar say to me sir cement fill up I take xray & periapucal rediolucency in lower 1st molar Give medicine & advice for rct What your openion Rct or ext ?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Obv on X Ray: Furcation Involvement seen Bone loss present Clinical evaluation needed to check mobility. Antibiotic coverage needed. Extraction suggested as prognosis is poor. Adv periodontic therapy post extraction to manage the bone loss which is also present in the premolar region.

Thank you doctor

There’s evidence of bone loss and furcation invollvement as well. Hence there’s poor prognosis for RCT. Better advise extraction under antibiotic coverage

Thank you doctor

According to the x ray .. quite an amount of bone loss is present with furcation involvement.. which has poor prognosis for root canal treatment.. so I would suggest extraction or u can go for hemisection followed by RCT..but still check the condition clinically before final diagnosis..

First of all check the mobility of the tooth Then do go for Root canal treatment Start , Antibiotics, Antiinflammatories,DSR, Zerodol sp,

Extraction is better option Poor prognosis for RCT.

Thank you doctor

RCT meticulously followed byFCC that will take care of crestal loss due to FI.Please do not under estimate healing potential.

Furcation involvement Better go for extraction

Cases that would interest you