Quick Recall

Mrs. X a healthy female in her 40s has a history of dengue infection Mrs. Y a healthy female in her 40s does not have a history of having dengue infection Thus, Mrs. X has a lower risk of COVID-19 compared to Mrs. Y

247 Votes

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

There is no such study yet to say cross immunity in viral infections My ans is B

Thanx dr Md Altaf Hussain

View 5 other replies

SUGGESTIVE.. OF . . . .. .* A* ... TRUE. ALTHOUGH. ....DUE. TO ENHANCED. INFLAMMATORY. RESPONSE. ... THE. *SYMPTOMATIC SEVERITY*. MAYBE. MORE. IN. COMPARISION. . ......BUT. DUE. TO PREVIOUS. DENGUE. EXPOSURE. .... ... ...... ..THE. SEVERITY. OF. A R D S. AND MORTALITY. RATE. WILL. BE. VERY. VERY. .... *LOWER. AND. LESSER*. CHANCES. OF. SEVERE. COMPLICATIONS. .

Actually lets see what various research articles say Data recently published from an ecological study in Brazil, other Latin American countries, and Asia showed that areas with a higher incidence of dengue fever were less likely to experience COVID-19 cases and deaths Raising the possibility of cross-immunity between these 2 viruses. Indeed, although dengue virus and SARS-CoV-2 are from different families, there are reports that antibodies for dengue can be reactive against SARS-CoV-2, leading to false-positive tests for COVID-19 . Other data suggests opposite results so we can't really come to a conclusion.

I endorse the point. It has been seen that the cov2virus have cross reactivity with many such as Dengue, bacteria such as typhi paratypi and of course many influenza viruses

View 1 other reply

Dengue fever & Covid fever both are viral infections of different types. Till now no any scientific study on this topic hence right now my answer is B(False).

B False . SARS-CoV-2 virus mode of transmission from aerosol.. Nothing to do with Dengue .. Antibodies are different have different way of immunity and many Variant are there .

False

Thanks doctor MD

View 2 other replies

B. False .

Thanks dear Hussain

View 5 other replies

Double risk of covid Who suffered dengue in past

Thanks MD Altab

Most welcome Doctor!

B

Thanks Dr Ved Prakash Singh Sir

View 1 other reply