Resistant Hypertension

A 70 year old male has been under treatment for his chronic constipation He has constant fear of life, and is under severe stress due to his constipation His BP on every visit was around 180/100, then I thought it may be white coat HTN, but upon home blood pressure monitoring in morning hos BP was the same in range of 170/180 and 95/105 mmHg Investigations S.Urea and S. Cr - WNL S. Electrolytes - WNL Management His current medications - Sertraline 50mg OD Clonazepam .5 HS Cilacar T OD Cilacar 10mg OD Moxonidine 0.2mg BD I even have tried him giving Spironolactone 25mg, but his BP didnt come down? How to proceed in this case of RHTN?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

It is not white coat hypertension rather uncontrolled hypertensive with depression Constipation in 70 years of age is a gasteroparasis effect Yes he needs betablockers like metaprolol 50mg 1od And anti depressants SSRI Bulk laxatives Counseling

Thanx dr Pranab Bera

View 1 other reply

Uncontrollable hypertensive with constipation with depression Add aquazide25 mg od Telma am bd Prazosin5 mg hs Clonzepam bd Steraline bd Rouhage diet Duphalac bulk hs

Target bp120/80

ARBs..AND ..ACE .. ARE THE.. FIRST LINE TREATMENT IN .. ELDERLY.. CASES.. AS PER REQUIREMENT AND DOSE..

Tnx &wc Dr Ajeet Singh

Dr Ajit this is uncontrol hypertension with constipation u can put on Tab Zolahart- CT Minipress XL 5mg Dytor plus Sulpitac 50 HS Citrucel powder in Morning Metamucil powder in night

Increase the dose of ARB,CCB,Beta blockers one by one to the max dose till bp is controlled

Start beta blocker or ACE or CCB Raised according BP monitoring

I am agree with@Dr. Shivraj Agarwal Sir.

Thanx dr

View 1 other reply

Tab Envas 10mg bd... suggest geriatric counselling

Diseases Related to Discussion

Constipation