Concluded Case

NEW ONSET DIABETES IN <18 YEARS >30 DAYS AFTER SARS-COV-2 INFECTION

RISK OF NEWLY DIAGNOSED DIABETES >30 DAYS AFTER SARS -COV-2 INFECTION AMONG PERSONS AGED < 18 YEARS - This is reported by Morbidity & Mortality weekly report( MMWR) , January 14, 2022/ 71(2) ;59- 65 by CDC ( Centers of Disease Control and Prevention) - UNITED STATES .As you all know that CDC is the national public health Agency of the United States-----SUMMARY OF THIS REPORT- Persons aged <18 years with COVID-19 were more likely to receive a new diabetes diagnosis >30 days after infection than were those without COVID-19 and those with prepandemic acute respiratory infections. Non–SARS-CoV-2 respiratory infection was not associated with an increased risk for diabetes. WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS FOR PUBLIC HEALTH PRACTICE? The increased diabetes risk among persons aged <18 years following COVID-19 highlights the importance of COVID-19 prevention strategies in this age group, including vaccination for all eligible persons and chronic disease prevention and treatment. WHAT IS ALREADY KNOWN ABOUT THIS TOPIC - SARS-CoV-2 infection is associated with worsening of diabetes symptoms, and persons with diabetes are at increased risk for severe COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2 infection might also induce newly diagnosed diabetes. Idea of this post is that - let vaccination for under 18 years be completed as early as possible to reduce the burden of New onset Diabetes Mellitus in Young adults THANKS 🙏

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Indeed SARS-CoV-2 attacks pancreas and increases hyperglycemia to suggest all these pts will be diabetic I don't agree As seen many thanks f these pts settled to their prediabetic status in a period of time Yes pts with comorbidies were at his gh risk to remain permanent diabetics Younger generation is also facing this complications equally but gole is to prevent and that is possible with regular monitoring and evaluation . I agree even amongst in these too some will sustain permanent diabetic status again those who are not active and leads a passive lifestyle or obese and over weight Somehow I am not convinced with CDC report

All Answers

Indeed SARS-CoV-2 attacks pancreas and increases hyperglycemia to suggest all these pts will be diabetic I don't agree As seen many thanks f these pts settled to their prediabetic status in a period of time Yes pts with comorbidies were at his gh risk to remain permanent diabetics Younger generation is also facing this complications equally but gole is to prevent and that is possible with regular monitoring and evaluation . I agree even amongst in these too some will sustain permanent diabetic status again those who are not active and leads a passive lifestyle or obese and over weight Somehow I am not convinced with CDC report

Thanx dr Dinesh Gupta

View 2 other replies

An important and educative post Sir. Thank you for your valuable sharing.

Thank you Sir@Dr. Dinesh Gupta .

Very informative and educational knowledge boosting post Sir. Thanks for sharing this with us

Thanks Dr Wagish Mishra

View 2 other replies

VERY MUCH USEFUL AND INFORMATIVE POST. THANKS SIR.

Thanks @Dr. Narendra Kumar sir

Informative and educative post. REFRESHING and excellent complications.

Thank you doctor

Dear collegues, I am furnishing information of two of my publications, first of their kind about Covid 19 vaccine induced glycaemic disturbances in DM2 (Article 1) And immunological basis of the link with Inslin resistance ( Article 2) Please go through at your lesions. 1) COVID 19 vaccine induced glycaemic disturbances in DM2 -A Case Report A S V Prasad * Former faculty member, Department of Internal Medicine, G. I. T. A. M. Dental College, G. I. T. A. M. University Campus, Rushikinda, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.  Case Study World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 2021, 10(03), 149–156 Article DOI: 10.30574/wjarr.2021.10.3.0247 DOI url: https://doi.org/10.30574url in Google search, the articles can /wjarr.2021.10.3.0247 If you type the url of the article in Google search , the articles open . Please read and give your feedback . 2) Exploring a possible link between insulin resistance, vaccine to SARS CoV 2 and glycaemic disturbances in diabetes mellitus, type 2 ASV Prasad * Former faculty member, Department of internal Medicine, G.I.T.A.M Dental collage, G.I.T.A.M University campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India Research Article World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 2021, 11(01), 229–238 Article DOI: 10.30574/wjarr.2021.11.1.0314 DOI url: https://doi.org/10.30574/wjarr.2021.11.1.0314

Valuable opinion

Excellent post sir So much informative 🙏👍

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you