? Scabies

A 2 year old boy has such lesions over his both legs below knees and has excessive itching over these lesions. Weight 10 kg Diagnosis To me it looks like ? scabies But I could not find nocturnal itching and family history in the statement given by his parents Management I have prescribed permethrin 5% along with Syp Atarax and Syp Azee. Can Ivermectin be given to a 2 year old boy weighing 10kg's? Any further changes in treatment that needs to be added?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare

Apparently it's scabies To be treated with family Permethrin ointment below neck

Thanks Dr. Kute Ankush, Dr. Shivraj Agrawal ,Dr. Ryng Phawa, Dr. A Dutta, Dr. Dinesh Gupta

No ivermectin for kids specifically below 7years

Thanx dr Rajiv Kr

View 2 other replies

Yes it's Scabies

Thank you doctor

Dr Ajit u can use Melathion lotion (brand name Derbac M) if it is not control by permethrin cream. Sulfur soap for bathing Ivermectin has been approved for the treatment of scabies in adults and children > 15 kg, but its use is off‐label in infants and children weighing < 15 kg.

As far ivermectin is concerned and as far my knowledge is not below 6yrs and not under 15kg weight .if new protocol out pls share .thank u

Looks like scabies ask the family history of same lesion to any faimly member if it is there then it is scabies positively

YES IT'S A..CASE OF.. SCABETIC LESIONS.. NEED'S.. PERMITHRIN OINTMENT.. LEVOCETIRIZINE. PERMED SOAP..

Tnx Dr Vipin Bihari Jain

View 1 other reply

It is likely to be scabies and please upload the photographs if possible

SUGGESTIVE. OF SCABIES.. NICELY MANAGED

Scabies Cetirizine Tibina

Load more answers