Shifting from telma H to Olmesartan 40 + CH 12.5. Olmesartan compared to Telmisartan in efficacy?

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Both telmisartan and olmesartan has shown a number of pleiotropic effects in experimental and clinical studies. More improvement in blood pressure , fasting blood sugar ,HDL cholesterol was seen when compared to olmesartan.

Thank you doctor

Telmisartan has blood sugar lowering property which is caused by increase in insulin sensitivity as compared to Olmesartan which do not have blood sugar lowering property Olmesartan and telmisartan were more efficacious than losartan in reducing diastolic BP . There was a statistically significant decrease in mean blood glucose level (P < 0.02) after 12 weeks of treatment in telmisartan group when compared to baseline. Serum total cholesterol, triglycerides, and low-density lipoproteins decreased significantly after 12-week treatment with olmesartan and telmisartan.

Thank you doctor

Not that significant superiority ! But Olmesartan has more vascular benefits beyond blood pressure control.

Thank you doctor

TELMISARTAN IS GOOD .. BP .. LOWERING.. MEDICATION .. THAT PROTECT.. HEART AND KIDNEY..

Tnx Dr Santosh Sadgir

Telmesartin is better b p lowering drug Safe for heart & kidney

Thank you doctor

I think it more likely a theoretical Practical effect on BS Lipid profile is not in my clinical cases U may be right but my experience is so

Olmesartan has better quality to lower arterial pressure then telmisarten

Telmisartan is superior

Thank you doctor

Telmisarta. Have more sugar lowering properties then olmesartan

agree with @Sandeep Ghodekar telmisartan is effective compare to olmesartan

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you