Sir how to diagnose,treat tmj pain,mpds,tmj dislocation,trigeminal neuralgia

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Tmj pain can be elicited by putting index or little finger in respective ear and pressing on tm joint pt will not allow or screams Tmj dislocation will present flattening of tm joint and dropping of lower jaw not allowing to close the mouth Confirm by xray mri Trigeminal neuralgia has particular nature shooting or excruciating pain in distribution area of trigeminal nerve

Thank you doctor

View 4 other replies

TMJ disorders occur when something goes wrong with your jaw joints and jaw muscles. Oftentimes, this happens because of a jaw injury, inflammation such as with arthritis, or overuse. TMJ disorders may cause mild to debilitating symptoms, such as: pain while chewing. X-Ray / CT Scan of jaw impressions could be confirmative. Pain reliever.. Velium 5 tab for limited period. Corticosteroid. Surgery in rare cased.

Trigeminal neuralgia - Recurrent brief duration symptoms ranges from mild to severe facial pain in the distribution of 5th cranial nerve often triggered by washing the face,brushing the teeth, speaking,chewing etc. Treatment- Carbamazepine,Gabapentin. TMJ disorders - diagnosis : Listen to and feel the TM j when one open and close the jaw. Observe the range of motion in the TMJ or area around to identify the pain or discomfort. Check for local tenderness at TMJ. TMJ disorders may go away with out any treatment.If symptoms persist pain relievers and antiinflammatory drugs,Tricyclic antidepressants,muscle relaxants. Non drug therapy including oral splint,physio. Surgery. Treatment depends on the cause of TMJ disorders

NEED'S.. * X-RAY STUDY.. * CTCE STUDY.. * MRI..STUDY.. MANAGEMENT.. * CUSTOM MODE SPLINTS.. * PHYSICAL THERAPY.. * SURGERY.. * TRANSCUTANEUS ELECTRICAL NERVE STIMULANT ..

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Neuralgia my fav... My opinion as I learn from my practice.. Sharp few seconds pain .. Mostly just one touch initiate the pain .. Trouble in speach slepeing affected sied . Unable to chew .. Not dare to shave .. It can be due to herpes.. induced .. Or dental accidents.. Sometimes idopatic too .. No history .. just free gift .. For more I used to give two drugs . Nvm dolo . methylcobalimine and best antieppiletic... Single dose before sleep.. And contious for next day too. Then pt. Feellll much better .. till now more than 50 cases I m dealing .. But no final destination .. only one till now fully recovered by neurosurgery.. .depend upon nerve involved .. like psaaa .. very poor .. But in other branches it can handle by surgery..

ADVISABLE 1 CLINICAL. EVALUATION 2. X. RAYS 3. C. T. SCAN

Diseases Related to Discussion