Concluded Case

Spurious diarrhoea., and purgative management .Paradoxical

There is house call project in Tamil nadu ,where in old aged ,immobile patients who are not able to repot to the medical institutions may get aid if the person call the registered doctors. On one such occasions, I had a call from the old aged person and I had visited him for the spurious diarrhoea. It was developed all preceded by repeated constipation.Diarrhoea was watery. After complete examination. and history elicited by me reveled that the constipation and solidified stool blocked and produced the diarrhoea. I gave the enema per rectum ,he passed the hard stools and watery content as well. I had followed up him ,now he is alright .This 80 plus patient hard stool produced the spurious diarrhoea. Discuss the case. He was suffering from multiple co morbidities,of HTN,DM,Obesity,OA,knee both knees,anemia, hypo proteanemias .

(Edited)

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

First salute to you for your dedication to profession and respect to elders It is for us to follow your example Now about case Pt is 80 yrs old with multiple comorbidies One is diabetes These pts who are diabetic and aged known for chr constipation bcz they develop DIABETIC GASTEROPARASIS hence bes8de attending the comorbidies they need to adress this chr problem I agree with your decision of Enema Which he may require off and on Keep him on bulk laxatives with high fiber diet

All Answers

First salute to you for your dedication to profession and respect to elders It is for us to follow your example Now about case Pt is 80 yrs old with multiple comorbidies One is diabetes These pts who are diabetic and aged known for chr constipation bcz they develop DIABETIC GASTEROPARASIS hence bes8de attending the comorbidies they need to adress this chr problem I agree with your decision of Enema Which he may require off and on Keep him on bulk laxatives with high fiber diet

Thanx dr Pushkar ji Bhomia

View 4 other replies

Stool gets impacted in rectum It forms a hard mass which gives repeated sensation to pass stool Every time patient goes to pass stool he passes very small quantity of loose stool and hard stool persist This gives rise to repeated passing of small quantity of loose stool which appears as diarrhea --- It is called as spurious diarrhea meaning false diarrhea It stops once hard impacted stools are passed This patient actually had constipation which presented as diarrhea Stool softener such as Isapgol will help in treatment.

I agree

SUGGESTIVE OF CONSTIPATION.. FOLLOWED. BY... SPURIOUS DIARRHEA NICELY. AND WELL. MANAGED....SIR

Thank you doctor

Thanks for sharing Sir As case is already managed very well Oral laxative can be useful sir

Multiple organ disease

Constipation Mult.organ Ds

Multi Organ Disease

Diseases Related to Discussion

Diabetes
Diarrhoea
Constipation

Cases that would interest you