Concluded Case

STEROID ABUSE

20 years girl having black spots with itching on groin areas and rounded lesions on legs and at umbilical area. 1) diagnosis? 2) what is the cause of hyperpigmentation and itching. 3) why these lesions commonly seen in the groin area? Explain 4) She is getting recurrence more. How to treat this case with avoid the recurrence.

11 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Dr Sagar I would avoid Wysolone which has no role in fungal treatment and giving Clonate GM which is potent steroid is the reason why this case ended with such wide spread and causing a condition called Tinea incognito or Imbricata. PLEASE AVOID topical potent steroids in treatment of Tinea.

All Answers

Dr Sagar I would avoid Wysolone which has no role in fungal treatment and giving Clonate GM which is potent steroid is the reason why this case ended with such wide spread and causing a condition called Tinea incognito or Imbricata. PLEASE AVOID topical potent steroids in treatment of Tinea.

Tinea corporis.

1) TINEA CORPORIS. 2) Hyperpigmentation is due to over use of different types of creams ( given history by patient) with scratching. 3) In groin area, more sweating and rubbing the skin each other may prone to this infection. 4) she is using steroid creams frequently. Yes I agree with Dr. Avitus sir, Don't use steroid mixed cream even milder one. Only inflammatory fungus, that too beginning of treatment, start with momentasome with terbinafine for 1 week. Then switch over to either plain terbinafine or Lulliconazole. Tab terbinafine 250 mg daily for 3 to 6 weeks according to respond to the therapy. This is my impressions Doctors. In any other info please welcome. Thank you.

1.TINEA INCOGNITO 2.Extensive n unnecessary use of steroid cream for long time is responsible for this stage.Itching may be due to unhyeginic condition. Advise her to use cotton, loose n comfortable clothes to minimise sweating. Avoid wearing tight-fitting or wet clothing undergarments.Stop sharing clothing, towel, innerwears. Advise patient with tinea cruris to dry the crural folds completely after bathing. 3.From the pic,I guess that she is obese .n obesity created bodyfolds( intertrigo) causes more fricion more moisture leads to more chances of bacterial or fungal infections. 4.Common chances of recurrence are sharing clothing ,undergarments,towels.Not observing personal hygiene strictly.Complete drying adequately of prone areas play important role.Incomplete n inadequate antifungal treatment will mess up the ideal treatment. To prevent the recurrence avoid the above factors .

Tinea incognito because of extensive and unnecessary use of local as well as oral steroids adv1 stop steroid in any form ,2 cap itraconazole 200 mg 1 od after meal 3 tab levocetrizine 5 mg 1 od at evening for two months 4 take wath with fluconazole soap, 5 apply locally lulliconazole oint

Tinea corporis T/t - Cap itraconazole 200 od for 7 days & antihistamine

Tinea corporis Tab terbinafine 250 mg of for 21 days Sertaconazole ointment topically bd. Antihistamine Maintain hygiene as fungal infection grow in warm moist areas Antioxidants

Tinea corporis incognito Itraconazole 200mg OD for 3 months Hydroxyzine 25mg bid for 10 days than OD for 20 days Fluconazole 150mg weekly for 8 weeks Multivitamins Antioxidant OD for 15 days Luliconazole with Ketoconazole ointment Bath with Ketoconazole soap Reviews after two weeks

Thanks @Dr. Leena Batra Ma'am

Recurrence is overcome by strict hygenic Cotton loose cloathes Clothes should b boiled with detol Boil all clothes ,bedsheets towels napkin etch If any other member is infected pl do treat him also Treatment is above R/0 dm

First a fall she doesn't have to wear like this type of clothes My advice is to wear cotton clothes, should be away from the itchy area, And 2nd advice is to cut the nail properly its too big . Use dettol soap, and cryo therapy ( icing ).

Tinea corporis

This is tinea corporis.. Tab.candiforce 200 bd for 7 days followed by od for 15 days Tab.allegra180mg od for 5days Tab.atarax25mg bd for 5days Tab.wyselone 10mg bd for 5 days Tab.pantop d bd Clobate GM oint. For LA Explain her about the hygiene. Jst try it. Tell me what result u got

Candiforce 200 dose is od/7 days

View 3 other replies

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you