Concluded Case

Sub Ruminal Acidosis

A Bullock 10yr old, anorexic from past 4 days was presented day before yesterday when clinically examined it was observed temp:-102.5 F, no changes in heart rate, CMM no apparent changes, rumen was fluid filled and rumen fluid smelled little pungent, there was no passing of dung or urine. Yesterday it showed signs of watery diarrhea slight dehydration, fluid filled rumen and salivation and weakness. It was tentatively diagnosed as acidosis and ttreated accordingly. Toady the signs are same the animal is anorexic there is continuously salivation, diarrhea. Any suggestions?

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Sub-Ruminal Acidosis. Treated for acidosis for four days.

All Answers

Soda Bi carb30g haust state Inj RL 450ml i/v for 2days Himalaya battisa 50g with jagrry 250g bid for 3days days Inj Amoxirum fort 3g i/m for 2days Inj Belamyle 10i/m for 3days

Thank you doctor

Go for aggressive fluid therapy along with fluoroquinolones, activated charcoal (bolus KOL), rumen pH stabilisers (pow. Amalja), I;v soda bicarb., Oral kaolin...

Thank you doctor

You can check rumen pH , rumen motility . Any grain load in faeces ?

Sir I just did gross examination and the odour was pungent sir! That's it, field conditions not even Litmus paper is available

View 1 other reply

Sub-Ruminal Acidosis. Treated for acidosis for four days.

Sulphadimidine iv,DNS,TL, tribivet,sodabicarb iv,bufzone

Thank you doctor

Deworming should be done

Cases that would interest you