Hand reconstruction surgery involving ulner nerve , artery and tendons

Thanks every single curofian to pray for me ,to make me feel better and to help me fight the trauma , i m now in 13th post op day after ulner nerve , ulner artery and musculotendinous reconstruction , having mild to moderate persistent neuropathic pain in palm and ring n little finger , along with burning and tingling and shock sensation in same area , little finger is completely zero in sensory , plz guide if this is normal after surgery , should i take pain medication for nerve pain

(Edited)
LikeAnswersShare

Every thing seems to be ok. Only thing I can tell you is now just focus on healing of your injury . Nerve injury takes time to ne normal initial month you have to bear with pain and abnormal sensations later on things will start improving. Keep your all joints moving including shoulder,elbow wrist and fingers. Do not just wait to pain subside keep doing static contraction of all hand muscles and pain free rom exercises. Take a help of experienced physiotherapist and just make sure that your fractures are stable.wishing all the best. Just stay positive . Nothing to worry .

Thank you doctor

- Wishing you a speedy recovery with positive attitude and physiotherapy . All our prayers with blessing of almighty would help you to overcome this. with physiotherapy and hard work you will be able to reduce Residue. - Start Physiotherapy as soon as your doctor allow it. time will solve the problem you will be fine back. Best wishes take care Stay Blessed

Thank you doctor

Could you give more details of the injury? What musculotendinous reconstruction was done? How much of the nerve was cut? Was any grafting done? What about the arterial repair? The symptoms that you have mentioned would be expected, and is normal; and it will take time for it to heal. You can use medications for the pain. What other medications are you on?

Thank you doctor

Every thing will be ok Samay balwan hai Thumb is50 percent other 4 finger50 percent so don't get panic later on EMG check up Gabapatin300 or dubinarhs good drug consult your treating doctor then add physiotherapy is main after stich removal

Thank you doctor

Nerve injury will take longer time to recover. You are young ,good surgery ,you will improve definitely. Take small dose gabapentin.Probably you need some hand physio also. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Thank you doctor